Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, September 9, 2017

HM Sharp as Mustard

The backstory: 2016 when H&M in Ajman City Centre was on sale that I bought almost 30 pieces of their eyeshadows. Almost  because I am not sure how many exactly I got as I cannot find some of them right now. Even though I've discarded a lot, I still have many clutter left in the room. Since I know it is impossible for me to finish them off in this lifetime that I decided that I will use an eyeshadow a day and take photos of them to share before getting rid of it.
So for today I am sharing the photos of H&M eyeshadow called Sharp As Mustard. Which is in the shade of green. I bought it even though this is not really my color. H&M eyeshadows are all made in Italy. And on regular price it is around 50.00AED but I got it for only 5.00AED each because of the said sale.
As of the pigmentation: I can say that it is highly pigmented. Which is normal with all the eyeshadows from the West which is the exact opposite of the eyeshadows from South Korea and Japan. As of the fall out: I guess it is normal especially when you are using an eyeshadow brush. But there will be none if you are using your fingers. Which is what I am doing. If you want to know if this can last long: I can say yes. Pretty much the whole day even without a primer/base. But maybe the color will stand out more with primer/base. 
As I write this and if ever that it is correct that my eyeshadows are 30 then it means I still have 27 pieces to go. Then is 27 days more. As I am now actively decluttering my makeup. Even those ones I haven't tried when December comes has to go.
Makeup junkie with money will find it hard to choose when one is in the H&M shop as they carry hundreds and hundreds of makeup. That even me who does not use makeup on daily basis can feel a flutter in my heart. Some sort of excitement when I am walking in their makeup section. 
They also have neutral/nude colors but so far all the colors I've tried are the bright ones. If you want see them here are the links of what I have tried before: Stargazer which is as blue as the dark sky so the name fits well and Triple Raspberry which is as red as a raspberry. They also have eyeshadows in cream type which I prefer than the powdered ones. It just happened that powder eyeshadows were the only ones available during the sale.
Last photo is the swatch. It is the same on my eyelids. But my lower lid is so mall bordering on being a monolid that I use only a little of the product. I think eyeshadows are more noticeable in people with deep set eyes.
Usually with my makeup that are not yet expired I am just handing them over to my younger system via cargo going to the Philippines. But I don't think it will still be possible with the current situation of the cargo in the Philippines. You see my country is in transition and it is not easy on this point. For example to curb the illegal shipments they have to be strict even with the cargo of OFW. Due to this a lot of us (innocent ones) might not be sending a lot from now on. Even me. News is one has to give a passport copy. Nah. No way. I will do that when it is 100% safe or all the criminals are in jail.

Then they say that one has to produce a receipt on whatever are inside the box. Duh. As I have said I was on a hoarding phase for the last 2 to 3 years that even if I kept the receipts I doubt that I will find them. Especially on makeup. So sadly all of this will really go to the garbage bin. To whom will I give them at work anyway? I am working in a motor industry and as I write this I am the only girl in the workshop.

1 comment:

  1. Please sell me your Sharp as Mustard eye shadows that you still might have!

    ReplyDelete