Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Goodbye #165: Converse Pink Shoes 🌸

As a young woman I badly wanted a converse shoes and I wanted to collect them all but then back then I do not have money to do so. So as soon as I was able to buy I bought myself two colors of converse chuck taylor shoes. Then later on regretted that decision.
So last year when I started decluttering my life and my tiny space this converse pink was one of the items of mine that had to go. There is nothing wrong if one has too many pairs of shoes as long the person will be able to use it. But in my case I cannot have because we only uses black or brown shoes at work. We do have a uniform. Weekend is the only time that I can wear different kind of shoes.
And the story of it was for the decade that I have this pink converse, I was able to wear it for only a few times. Not even five times. Making it a waste of money and space. For the last decade I was praying, wishing and hoping that they will stop requiring us to wear uniform just so I can wear all the shoes I own but then fat chance. The same thing that I had been wishing that I never need to spend another summer in the UAE but it never happens. Year after year I am still here. And year after year we still have to wear the same old boring uniform.
I am keeping these photos as mementos that once I had this shoes that I loved. Marie Kondo says that upon decluttering one should hold the item and ask if it bring joy or the person love it. Sadly even the earthly possessions I love of gives me joy has to go to for practical reasons. My reason in letting go? Well I do not have my own place and I will not be forever in this place. In my situation thinking and living like a traveler is the easiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment