Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, December 30, 2016

Consumerism and Money Management

The year is about to end. Honestly as I look back at my spending habits for the last 10 years that I am here in the Middle East there were so many regrets. But then I have to stop that feeling and look at the brighter side. The good side is at least I was able to wake up from whatever wrong things that I was doing. And finally have the will power to really change and turn my back from the mistakes that I had been doing before. The last 6 months especially the last quarter of the year has been a big leap for me. I had been thinking a lot about minimalism or downsizing whatever I own but never really gotten around into doing it. But middle of the year I was able to start baby steps toward it. And each passing month the intensity towards my goal keeps on shooting up.

Make Up - Last purchased was August and I meant to hand them down all to my sister. I will just try them once then move on. So 4 months of no buy is already a big deal. I admit purchasing a make up base but it was not hoarding as it was only one piece. So I can still say that it is a major changed compared before that I would buy a lot even though I do not know when I will be using them.

Skin Care Products - I still buy and will still buy but then again the difference is not hoarding anymore. And even if I buy products I am immediately using them. Like this month I purchased 2 serums from The Face Shop and I am using them religiously. Unlike before that I would purchase a skin care product then keep it in the drawer until I finally forget about them and do the same cycle next time around. The cycle has been broken.

Clothes - Last purchase was in August when I was in Turkey. I made the purchase because I gained weight and most of my old clothes does not fit me anymore. So again I'd like to congratulate myself. 4 months of no buy ban. I will still buy every once in a while. But it will be if I will have a new clothing an old clothing has to go. I will not need to buy anything in 2017 as long as my weight will stay the same. 

Shoes - I am planning to buy new pairs but for the reason that I have to toss out the old ones. I am crazy about leather shoes but my mistake was all the leather shoes I own are brown. And I suck at cleaning them up. So I can't wait to change them all into black. I do not know when will I make the purchase as I am waiting for the sale. But the thing is I do not hoard anymore. I am the girl who used to have a dozen high heels in different colors. And using each pair only once a month. I am not the girl with 2 pairs of black shoes that I am using alternately 5 days a week. It is now about buying what I need and not just what I merely wants.

Sending Money - Finally I do not need to send money back home like I used to do. It is a long story but I have done my part for the family and now it is about time to think about myself and my future. I want to see the world. But I do not know how to do it as I lack finances. So what I will do is to visit at least 2 or 3 places next year. Then after visiting those places focus on changing job or country. A place or job where I will be spending the rest of my life. With a smile on my face and no regrets. 
Photo Credits to the owner

No comments:

Post a Comment