Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Empty Bottle 78: Muji Sunscreen 🌸

I always clean my face with soap and water. No more and no less. As I was not aware how we should really take good care of our skin. But at least when I came here in the UAE I started taking care of the white heads in my nose. Meaning I'm doing everything I can do banish them. But even so I was not doing anything to protect my skin particularly my face against the sun and all the harm it could bring. I only realized I should do so when sun spots started appearing on my face. That was the time the I started buying products to reverse it. Reversing it is impossible but avoiding it to spread is possible. That's when I learn to use sunscreen.

Admittedly I was aware of the sunscreen in the past but the brand I used was too greasy on the skin that I never bother to use it again. And I did not take seriously the possibility of having sun spots in the long run not until they started appearing on my face. I am not really vain and in fact I would not mind the sun spots but just like the case of the white heads on my nose it was other people who kept on noticing the sun spots in my face. Sales Associates then would offer me all their products that promises to make the sun spots disappear like magic. Yes I tried some but that post has to wait some other time. I started using products with different purpose at the same time. Product to banish the sun spots and sun screen to protect my skin as well as avoid the sun spots to spread on my face.

One of the sunscreens I tried was Muji Sunscreen. When I started taking care of my skin I tried South Korean skin care regime and Japanese skin care regime and as end result I bought way too many. Like for sunscreen alone I tried different brands. Muji is just one of them as I am saying. I bought the Muji Sunscreen in Mirdif City Centre for only 30.00AED and what do I think about the price? Expensive as per my financial status. But then that's the cheapest the UAE market could offer. And so I took it.  Purchased it between late 2014 or early 2015. Used it for a while then kept it. Decided to finish it off on January 2016 when I slowly started my way into minimalism. But as of this writing I am not sure if Muji UAE will replenish their sunscreen any time soon. Or there will be sunscreen with higher PA.
How do I measure up the effectiveness of a sunscreen? Been using sunscreen since late 2014 but don't know yet the answer to this question. All I can say with Muji Sunscreen is it does not leave any white cast on my face which is good. It is not oily or greasy which is another good thing. Absorbs quickly by the skin and I think that's the way it should be right? It does not conflict with other products I am using. Meaning I can't feel any side effects like stinging sensation or itchy. And since I'm using sunscreen the sun spots are all good. Meaning to say whatever sun spots I have on my face are still there but at least they are not giving birth. As if it has been stopped into spreading in my face. And that's cool right? Muji Sunscreen also helps in moisturizing the skin, this alone is moisturizing enough but then when it comes to this area I don't want to rely on Muji Sunscreen alone I'm also using moisturizing cream to be 100% sure. I'm applying Muji Sunscreen first before all the other products. And if the characteristics I said were enough to say that this is a good sunscreen then maybe it is.

But then just like all the other facial products I am using I'm trying to observe if they will be able to deliver more than what the original purpose is. In my case I'm observing all the products if they will have any effect on the white heads on my nose. Luckily Muji Sunscreen does not aggravates the white heads on my nose but does not help either in preventing them. Hence I still need to use my nose strip and/or iWhite Nose Pack or any nose pack available at night. I think it is pretty fair to do this kind of experiment or observation in products for me to know which one will really have an edge over one another.
Anyhow my Muji Sunscreen lasted for about 4 months. But no plans of repurchasing right now even if it becomes available in Muji for a very simple reason that I still have too many products that I need to finish first. And I'm writing this Empty Bottle Post as part of my documenting my journey to minimalism and being frugal as well. I'm not buying any face products until such time that I finish whatever stocks I am having. And I think it is under control now unlike before. Even though I admit that I'm not too sure when I will be able to finish the items that I hoarded in the past. But I have high hopes that I'm getting there. As I was able to get rid of one small drawer from the small room where I used to keep my stash. As well as the little table that well I used also as a place to keep the other items that the closer can no longer hold. Yes there are results  no matter how minimal.

'Going back to a simpler life is not a step backwards' ~ Yvon Chouinard

No comments:

Post a Comment