Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Current Sunscreens ☀️

Don't get me wrong as I am still advocating for minimalist and frugal lifestyle. This kind of lifestyle meaning you will consume less as you will need less products. You will only be sticking to the basics in life. And so then if I am aiming for that kind of lifestyle why the heck do I have 4 sunscreens at the same time? Well because (1) time and experiences has proven to me that a sunscreen is the best anti ageing one could use and (2) Asian skin especially Filipinos with brown skin as we grow old our main skin concern would be having uneven skin tone. I cannot turn back the time and make the sun spots on my face go away but then I can now prevent them in spreading. Also to other parts of my body. (3) I'm trying different brands to see which one will suite me perfectly depending on my needs. So here are my current sunscreens and my mini review.
📍 Loreal UV Perfect PA+++ ~ I got this last year when I was still in the hoarding phase of my life. I do not even know back then that it is a sunscreen. I only realized later. I'm trying to think of something negative about it but I can't think of any, except that it is not waterproof. This is especially made for Asians and manufactured in Indonesia. I believe that in other parts of Asia they have it in waterproof version. There are at least 5 variants but only 1 made it to the UAE market. No idea if they plan on bringing in the others. I will continue the good points of it next.
 
📍 Loreal UV Perfect PA++++ ~ My other Loreal sunscreen was about to finish and so when I was doing a grocery at Safeer Hypermarket a day after Christmas I saw this one and this is the new version so I bought it. Now the good points of Loreal UV Perfect: First it is available in my area I just need to cross the street. Second this is the cheapest. Actually if you are in Safeer Hypermarket you will notice that this is the only brand of sunscreen they have. The amount is no more than 50AED and if may still be expensive but if you will compare it to other brands in the UAE market then you could say that so far this is the most affordable. No white cast. Not greasy. Sinks in to the skin easily. Compatible with all the other skin products and make up that I am using.
 
📍 La Roche Posay Anthelios Cream ~ The most expensive sunscreen I own. I don't think I will repurchase any sunscreen from this line anytime soon. This is the thickest of them all. It is slightly greasy if compared to Loreal UV Perfect and Muji. It sinks to skin easily but then it has a tendency to ball up. It is not compatible with some skin care products I am using as well as make up. So I'm just using it for my neck and the rest of my body. And before I forget to mention this is waterproof. Perfect for swimming. As when you go on swimming you will not need make up and other skin care products on the face. 
 
📍 Shiseido Senka Mineral Water UV ~ This is the most affordable sunscreen I got if you will not include the shipping fee. I bought it online from Desert Cart. This is the lightest of them all. Just like a milk. And this waterproof as well. Loreal 2016 may have a higher PA than this but I like it better as it gives off a matte finish. And faster to sink in than Loreal that I can apply immediately my moisturizer and makeup.
 
I am bringing them all with me so I can reapply through out the day. And I don't mind bringing them all since they are all light. I would have wanted to rant more about the sunscreens in the UAE market but then that would be for some other time as I have to go now. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment