Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Empty Bottle 73: Ponds Oil Solution Pore Conditioning Toner 🌸

Hooray! 73rd bottle and counting. This is not a complete review of product. But instead just a personal blog about my current Pan Project. Been trying to finish my hoarded stuff since April 2016. As the numbers of my empty bottles grow the more I become happy. I know it is just mababaw (shallow) one. But still a little happiness indeed.
My 74th bottle is Ponds Oil Solution Pore Conditioning Toner. This is made in Philippines. I bought this from Manila Grocery in Ajman for only 6.50AED but I can't remember was it 2014 or 2015! But I managed to finish this little bottle only this year. Not because I'm not taking good care of my skin. But having too many to choose from led to this situation.

Started religiously using facial toner since 2014. But that regular thing has become a once in a blue moon thing. I still have at least 2 bottles of facial toner at home that I don't know when I will be able to finish. I know I've said it before. I've said it numerous times. I've said it basically to all the products I used. There is nothing special to this toner. This is just like all the other facial toners I used. Yes it can removes the residue of facial cleanser or make up remover. Yes it can remove any remaining traces of make up. But then it is made to function like that. So where's the special in that?
It contains Alcohol Denat. So I don't use it for the whole face as it comes too strong for me. I only use it for my nose. But not everyday. Only those days when my nose is secreting more oil than the usual. That being said I will not bother to repurchase. Actually after I'm done with the remaining 2 bottles I will stay away from facial toner. (But if I will be back in Turkey during summer then I would need one as my experience there was entirely different). That is if I will be able to manage to go back. 2016 is not yet done. Anything can still happen with the remaining days of the year. I am in the UAE and the price of oil keeps on dropping that. I can't think of any other source of income of this place. This place fall I along with the other OFW's. Scratching my head as once I am jumping from a beauty product to my OFW life.

Back of the bottle for those who are interested. But for me don't bother with it as I will be just repeating myself over and over again there is no product that can really 'clean' the pores of the nose or make it better. Seriously what do you mean by cleaning the pores anyway? Water and facial wash are enough. The only products that can unclog the pores or take away the white heads/black heads are only nose strips and nose pack. All the beauty products in the world are just using whatever marketing gimmick they can think of to make us buyers become interested.

Moving on to a different topic. I am sure almost everyone already heard the term Capsule Wardrobe. And I read a lot about it. I was interested because it seems to be aligned with my wanting to be a minimalist and frugal. But the more I read the more I'm staying away. From what I understood Capsule Wardrobe is owning a few basic clothes that said to be around 33 items but in reality it is always more than that if we have to include the clothes to wear inside the house. The underwear. The socks. The sleepwear. The swimwear. The clothes for special occasions. And this Capsule Wardrobe changes according to the season which gives impression that people doing it are Western people mostly who are experiencing 4 seasons in a year.

All the blogs I read are giving me the impression that they have money. They have a good job. And they have a huge house or can afford to have one. Because if they don't they where do they keep the clothes that currently not inclined with the season. I'm not trying to rant or be bitter. But then Capsule Wardrobe is not for people who are living in the space as small as this:
This is not my photo. I just got it online tackling about the size of houses in Hongkong. Well nobody wants to live in a cramped space. Even me. But so many of us OFW's or not don't have too many choices but to live in one. As all over the world the rent prices just keeps on getting high. People giving their opinions but sadly nothing has been done. Nothing can be done. And by the time government sort it out it may be a little too late.  I will not be around anymore by the time the normal size houses are available for all. So Capsule Wardrobe is not the answer to my problem regarding the space. Solution is totally cutting down my clothing to the lowest number as possible. And when I say clothing I'm not talking only about the clothes I'll be wearing outside. I meant all my clothing as a whole.
 
And before I forget some people who are doing Capsule Wardrobe suggesting to buy clothes that will lasts a long time (usually expensive ones) but based on my vacation and where my life is currently heading I'd rather buy the cheapest if ever I need one. One that I won't regret if I have to leave them behind. When I was in Turkey for a month I did not bring much clothes. Laundry was unexpectedly expensive. Washing the clothes at night is not advisable as to save water and electric as I was sleeping on someone's couch. Lucky for me clothes that costs 1.25AED were available. And so I purchased enough to wear for almost 2 weeks. Clothes that I left behind for someone else to wear or who knows if ever I might have a chance to visit again. If only all the countries all over the world have clothing with the same amount.
 
“Unclutter your life. Unclutter your home. We feel best when everything and everyone around us is in harmony and in balance.The peace and the beauty of your home will raise you up, and give energy to your goals.”
Eileen Anglin

No comments:

Post a Comment