Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, December 2, 2016

Empty Bottle 74: VS Weightless Body Oil Verbena 🌸

Victoria's Secret
Weightless Body Oil Verbena
Price: 85.00AED per pieces
Mix and Match: 175.00AED for 3 pieces
Sale Price: 25.00AED per bottle
Made in USA
Discontinued Scent
Selling Point: Organic
Selling Point: Cruelty Free
Victoria's Secret Weightless Body Oil is part of Victoria's Secret 4 body care system introduced for 2015. Victoria's Secret Weightless Body Oil is the last step in the said skin care. First is the body scrub. Follow by rich body cream wash. Moisturize by body lotion. Lock the lotion using the weightless body oil. 
I always have a dry skin. Sometimes I feel like even body butter is not enough. Maybe our skin has its own mysterious way of coping up with whatever product we are using. So there will come a time that the body lotion that used to be compatible with your skin will no longer work the way it used to be. So we should really somehow rotate moisturizers every once in a while. People are singing praises with body oils that made me interested. But as I use it I was afraid that one day it might no longer be suitable for my skin. So in the end there are days that I'm not putting on any moisturizer to let my skin breath. And not get used too much to a product. I hope you get my drift.

Price ~ of course it is expensive for me. Anything above 30.00AED is expensive for me. But I love it. I love the scent. Even though I'm clueless about Verbena and I haven't seen one. Smells fresh. Smells flowery. Reminds me of park. It is oil but sinks in the skin immediately. I have taken many photos for those who wants to know the other details for this product. As of me I don't care much about being Organic/Paraben Free/Cruelty Free or I guess my skin is that much sensitive. That my skin can't recognize an organic skin care or not.
Pardon but there's not much more for me to say about this product. I'm writing this post as I'm keeping track of my Pan Project. This will go on at least until first quarter of 2017. Love is all I have for this product. I cannot think 0f anything negative to say about Victoria's Secret Weightless Body Oil. Even the scent I don't have any complaints. Well how can I even complain when it is my first body oil? And I don't plan on trying out another brand. I don't need and want to because of the price.

I purchased at least 3 more bottles when it was on sale last Semi Annual Sale. Which I plan to use for some experiments. First I want to make my facial wash into foaming wash. There are some DIY in Google but they are no use to me because my facial wash is ready made from the market. What I'm trying to ask Google was how to mix it with body oil and it what quantity to turn it into foam. But then I guess no one else have tried doing so hence I can't see any instructions about it.

I also want to try mixing it into body wash or body gel again good old Google is giving my blogs about DIY but my case is the same with the face wash. All my body wash and gel are ready made. I just like to try out mixing them with body oil. I'm using body scrub with loads of oil from Bath and Body Works and the end result is awesome that I don't have to use body moisturizer in the morning. So I'm thinking that maybe the same result will happen if I were to mix body wash and body oil. After all there are also body oil wash in the market like the one from L'occitane.

Last experiment that I want to do with the body oil is to create my own body scrub using unused body lotion and salt baths or those dried scrub from Thailand that you can purchase from Carrefour or any other grocery stores across the UAE. Or try to mix this oil with my current salt scrub. Time is my only issue. Maybe I will have all the time in the world if I am no longer working.
Taken photos of the back of the bottle for those who are interested. What I've said almost everything there is to say about it. What is Exclusive Cotton Moisture? Maybe they found an ingredient or procedure to make skin as soft as cotton? But I doubt this continuous 24  moisture as upon taking a shower the next day all the traces of body butter and oil will be washed off. I had to use a body scrub loaded with oils to keep my skin moisturized or reapply body butter and oil again.
I said that I don't have complaints. But they could still do something to improve the product or the bottle to be exact. You can see the how to dispense the oil based on this photo. I would prefer it to be on spray. I had to wait for one of the body mists to be empty just so I can use it for my body oil.
And that's all for my Pan Project post today. Moving on to another issue ~ I had been crazy about lip products for the last 2 years. Well I love Mac but find them so expensive. That I tried different brands which was a wrong move because in the end I spent more money instead of saving. So when I come back from vacation I decided to use all my lip products even if it meant applying a lipstick even half an hour in the office. No one will say something bad about it as after all I am a woman. But something held me back. After the said vacation I developed some wounds beside the mouth well from the outside. Google cannot pin down the exact reason for it. Using lip product was a hassle while I had it. Used lip balm until the wounds go away. And afterwards for the reason unknown to me I had it again. Not sure if it will come back again. It is not even winter here. I'm just keeping my lip balm with me all the time in case it comes back. So Pan Project with my lip products has been stagnant for around 3 weeks in total. The positive outcome for this painful experience was I fully stopped spending for lip products. For good. Sure you might see future posts for at least 80 lip products but by then they will be all just throwback series.

Few days ago I lament about how expensive the housing here in UAE that we are forced into sharing that resulted in us having a very small space. As the bigger or comfortable your place is the higher the price would be. I don't mind living in a small space but I do mind the smell upon cooking. I mentioned about buying room sprays and body mists to use to cover up the smell the cooking emits. And to use to all the linen and clothes. So the food smell will not hang to them. A few weeks back I was able to try Febreeze and I'd say out of all the air fresheners I tried in the past it is the most effective. It can overcome the food smell and not the other way around. But it is a bit expensive for the amount of 20.00AED but then again what is not expensive in this place? But then my colleague informed me the room perfume from Bath and Body Works really smell great and effective. I'm not sure which one he was talking about. So definitely I will be in line once they have their Semi Annual Sale again this December.

No comments:

Post a Comment