Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, October 12, 2017

And it is another Mac again..

Mac lipsticks are driving me crazy!!

When I was young back in Manila, I do not know where I got the notion that, women should be as natural as possible. Being natural that I do not use anything like lotion or face cream and makeup. My cousin back then was living with us while working as a sales clerk in a nearby mall. When she got her salary and I saw her with new set of makeup I asked her why she bought those makeup? Only now I realized that I shouldn't ask. It was stupid to ask. But I was curious as she still have some makeup so why need a new one? I was minimalist then except for books. I have loads of books. Then I had to leave the country and I landed here in UAE.

Lucky for me, they do not require women to use makeup in the office. Never even once I remember being called by any manager or superiors for not wearing makeup. Nobody mind that I do not wear one. Even the customers. All customers want is fast service and do not give a damn whatever the heck you are wearing. But one superior suggested to me to try it and see if I will have fun in using makeup. That phase lasted for only a few months. As soon as I finished my Maybelline makeup I did not repurchase. It ruined my skin too as I do not know the proper way to care for my skin except washing with facial wash. No moisturizers or sunscreen. No makeup removers either. Thinking that water and facial wash will do.

Then because of social media, where I get to see a lot of women addicted to makeup that I got interested in it again. I do not know if other women thinks I am weird but I am interested only in lipsticks. It makes me feel grown up. I mean in the morning I could just apply moisturizer, sunscreen and lipstick. But so far no one commented anything. Offline or online. At one time I was into red lipsticks. But whatever I own bleeds. I take the question to Twitter and someone suggested Mac Russian Red to me. I am aware about Mac since 2007 but I do not buy from them. I was allergic to expensive makeup but because I was told that Mac red lipstick will never bleed, expensive as it is, I bought my first ever Mac lipstick. And I've got nothing but love for it. I love lip products but my pocket does not. Their lipglass lasted on me for only a month that I had to find something similar to Mac but cheaper.

First quarter of 2016 and I was still on my hoarding spree that I bought a lot of lip products in different brands. But unfortunately nothing compares. My effort was in vain. I ended up spending more money in finding an alternative. As I ended up discarding most of the lipsticks/lipglosses I bought. I had to lose a fortune to learn a lesson. So 2017 ~ I am just sticking to Mac. Although I have some Catrice lipsticks. But my main will always be Mac. And surprisingly, for the year 2017 they went on sale 3 times already. I always thought that no matter what they will never go on sale on this part of the planet. Had I known before I will stick to them after owning my first Mac. I did not let all those sale pass by without me not buying any lipstick. And no regrets as I am happy with them.

Mac UAE online shopping is now available. Even if you do not have a credit card its okay as they are accepting cash on delivery. The shipping fee is expensive for the amount of 40.00AED but free when you purchase worth 300.00AED. But then I am fine with the shipping me rather than me going out just to get one or two items. I will need to spend around 25.00AED for taxi fare. And there is a great possibility that I will be just annoyed by the sales clerk who've got nothing in mind but to sell everything in their shop.  
This year knowing about Mac has been easier than before. Because I follow them on Instagram. And they are now sending SMS whenever they have a promotion. Plus as I've said online shopping is available so customers can check them out from time to time. This year alone they had their sale 3 times already. And all those times I was able to purchase something. September I was looking for this Mac Pro Palette Necessary Nudes at their physical stores but to no avail. But then surprisingly it is available online. I do not need one but still I made the purchase. 
I wanted this Mac Pro Palette Necessary Nudes that I did not mind paying 40.00AED for the shipping fee as after all online was the only way to get my hands on this. So I am right when I say that Mac lipsticks are driving me crazy. Like making me spend my hard earned money for something I do not immediately need. Just because of curiosity. I mean if you love Mac like me and if you are into nude lipsticks, there is an itch to have them all. To try them all. So upon buying this one I was thinking that I am saving money for having 6 shades. Comparing how much exactly I would pay if I will buy these shades individually.
I really taken my time during lunch just to be able to take these photos at least before using them. Yes I cannot wait to use them immediately. In spite of me still having 8 tubes that I am not yet finished. I cannot say that I am very enthusiastic with this purchase but at the same time I am not very sad either. Neutral. Just like its colors.
Took the photo of the back of the box for those who are curious bud sadly looking at it now it is good for nothing. Following photos are the palette and the swatches. Owning this at least it satisfied my curiosity. It is bad but heck that is how I feel towards it. But aside from that there is nothing else for me to shout for joy. Because out of all the 6 shades only one is what I can truly say to be wearable. I am Filipina with brown skin. As much as I tried to search the internet for Mac nudes for Filipina skin, I don't get much results. So in the end I have to really do a trial and error.
If you are Filipina like me reading this or any other nationality with brown skin like me, I am telling you that beige shades of Mac nude are not for us. Nude shades of rose, pink and brown works best for us. I know as I have a few nude beige at home. That's giving me a zombie look. I have yet to find what to do with them to avoid wasting them. 
I think I've said more than enough about Mac and how I feel about Mac. And my experiences since day 1. And before I forget and since it is in the next photo here are the six shades of Mac Pro Palette Necessary Nudes (1) Frou (2) Siss (3) Fleshpot (4) Honey Love (5) Yash (6) Hug Me
Last two photos are the swatches. One is taken directly under the light while othe other one is in a dim side of the room. Yash is quite okay. But only Hug Me is the wearable one for me. And I wish I will have time like this again to take out my other Mac lipsticks to take photos and post. As well as the rest of my makeup that has been lined up for either Pan Project or discarding.
Last from the left is Hug Me and next to it is the Yash. If only I can learn how to take a good selfie then I would post a photo of myself wearing this instead. But anyway it will take me a decade just to learn that thing.
Thank you for dropping by. Maybe soon Mac might change their courier as in the UAE market Aramex is the most expensive. And a lot of choices has been springing out. Or maybe by next year I might no longer be interested in lipsticks after owning too much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment