Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Catrice Ultimate Colour 020 Maroon

I did not plan to have many Catrice lipsticks. It just happened. And also I did not plan to write a post about them but then since I was idle at work decided to take a photos and post it over here. So for today it is about Catrice Ultimate Colour 020 Maroon.
Visited United Hypermarket Sharjah and lipsticks were on sale for only 10.95AED. Needless to say I found myself buying at least 10 shades. Would have been more if I had the time to stay longer longer and do some swatches but I was in hurry. Out of the 10 lipsticks I purchased I used the 3 immediately. Starting from the lightest. This shade is called maroon but then it does not look like it.
As you can see in the tube it has a shade of brown instead of maroon. Even when swatch on my hands. And on my lips.. very good! Looks well on my morena skin tone and pigmented lips. Glides on smoothly.
So far it is my favorite out of the 10 lipsticks I bought. For the last two years I am addicted to natural/neutral/nude shades of lipsticks. Even though I still have some reds and other bright shades I do wear them only on weekends. 
But I keep on saying that Mac is my favorite brand and yet I keep on reaching for my Catrice as well. Last photo below I swatch the other Mac lipsticks I am using at work to see which one looks like Catrice. Up is Kinda Sexy which has a pink shade so it is not. Middle out of three is Creme In Your Coffee I would say it is close to Catrice Maroon but then Catrice Maroon is darker. And beside it is Half and Half. 
So tell me how can a girl have one nude lipsticks when all the nude lipsticks out there are entirely different shade from one another? Even if I am trying so hard to be frugal and minimalism but when it comes to lipstick, it goes out of the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment