Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Catrice Ultimate Colour 240 Hey Nude

Hello there! I know I said a thousand times that I am trying to live a minimalist life. And I am even documenting how I do it like with my Pan Project and Goodbye Series Posts. But then in spite of it I cannot really stay away from buying a lipstick. I was and still I am addicted to them. So my post is about Catrice Ultimate Colour 240 Hey Nude.
Catrice is a German brand of cosmetics that is very affordable. I never thought it will be available in UAE market but it does. United Hypermarket Sharjah has an almost complete collection of Catrice. I just wish they can offer online shopping as their place is very far from me that I need to ask someone to bring me there.
All Catrice lipsticks are like this. Meaning they do not come with a box like Mac lipsticks do. And they are all in black tubes. Name is written at the bottom. While side sticker contains other information as can be seen in the photo. Next photo shows the name Catrice embossed in the lipstick. As well as the side of the tube.
I am a Filipina with brown skin or they call it morena. Based on my experiences in Mac lipsticks any lipstick with Beige on it does not look good on me. Making me look ill. I learned that lesson in the most expensive way as I purchased quite a few lipsticks on that shade and I am now finding a way to use them instead of wasting them. So upon  seeing Catrice Hey Nude I instantly knew that it will not work for me. But then since it was on sale for only 10.95AED so I went ahead and get myself one. I was right. It will never work for me.
Left photo is Mac Cremesheen D' Nude and right is Catrice Ultimate Colour 240 Hey Nude. While the swatches below left is Catrice while right is Mac. Mac is more on beige while Catrice is more on peach. But whatever. Both are not good for me. I think I am writing this also to warn my fellow Filipinas. Maybe if you have a fair skin you can make beige/peach shade work for me. But if you are like me then I don't think see. 
Better stick to lipsticks with shades of pink, rose and brown. And I do not think it will be boring as brown alone has many shades to choose from. There are many brands in the market and I do not know how they do it but seems like they can create dozen shades of one color. As for me the only way to finish these lipsticks ~ is to mix them with any red or vampy colors I own. So I can use them at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment