Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Empost

I do not have my own PO box number. I do not want to spend money on it and why would I need one anyway? So when I need a PO box number I just use the company's PO box. Now in the past I do not have any issues getting my packages and mails from Empost. But not until a few months back, that they decided that there will be only one authorized person to get the packages and mails. And since I started ordering from Ebay I am at the mercy of the so called authorized person. I do not even know how they (Empost) have chosen him as he is not our PRO. He is just a regular employee of the company like me.

He is a man and I am ordering girlie items. That customs might open in front of him. And so as end result he is not taking them all at once. He is taking my packages one at a time. Or twice if I am lucky. And as I write this I am still patiently waiting for the package from Yesstyle. Not unless the said website cannot be trusted and I lost my package for good. But I do not want to think that way because so far I had been so damn lucky that all the transactions I had were all smooth. In spite of Ebay having a bad reputation. But then it has been over a month since I made the order.

Usually my order reaches here in 10 days no matter where they are from! But since I am at the mercy of someone else I had to wait longer than that. Getting one package after a month is the norm. So I tried to change my address by NOT using the PO box of the company I work for. Good thing was, I ordered two items. One has a tracking number that I know the item landed the Empost already. The catch? I have to pay 5.00AED ~ what a bummer. And I need to spend 20.00AED for the taxi fare back and forth. Another bummer. VAT is not yet implemented and yet I am already sad for the extra charge that I had to pay. I am ordering online because I was trying to save money. And having to pay something extra defies that purpose! My other order do not have a tracking number but even so I know that it reached the country by the time I visited the post office. But then the staff cannot be bothered to check it out for me and instead told me to come back after one month, without explaining me why. 

And so I am back into using the company PO box while carefully thinking and computing the items I will be ordering. If you are wondering what are those (and admittedly I am hoarding for the next 3 years even though I promised myself I will never hoard again) nose strips and foot peeling masks. I will just stock up and say goodbye to Ebay for good. I will deactivate my account once I am have these items on hand. UAE has only one foot peeling mask available which is the Baby Foot from Japan that cost 65.00AED per pair. But online I can find a cheaper brand of 10 pairs for only 40.00 to 50.00 AED only! 

I had been ordering online (from overseas) for half a year now and I can say that Ebay is the best because they have almost all the items in lower price compared to Amazon. The glitch is the choice of shipping method. There are purchases that I do not mind paying for DHL or Aramex. But they do not have that option. But on the other hand at least via postal I can order those Japanese sunscreens that Amazon do not want to ship from Japan to UAE.

No comments:

Post a Comment