Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, May 19, 2017

My life as an OFW and February Empties

A lot has been going on and mostly they are, uhm, I forgot the positive term for problems. But anyway even though I created this account so I can release all my rants in life, I still have to filter them most of the time. To avoid getting into trouble... The current market is not so good and I do not know until when will I be on this job. And a friend who is not here asked me if there will be no other companies nor job once I am out of my current company? Well there are so many jobs out there. But since they do not have a minimum wage law most of those jobs are really, really underpaid. People asked me how much the salary should be when you are here but I cannot give them an exact figure because it all depends on how badly you wanted or needed the said job offer.

Rough figure of expenses: 750AED and above for bedspace in Dubai. Lucky if there are only 6 of you in the room. Not sure if all bills are included. Let us say you need at least 1,000AED for the rent and bills. So imagine life if you accepted a job for the salary of 2,000AED or 2,500AED only. You have to be extremely frugal and do not need to send money back home. Otherwise you will survive but will be living a life full of debts. I hope you know what I mean and you get my drift. Other people upon hearing my salary are saying how lucky I am but they do not know my problems and struggles.

Actually since last year I know deep in my heart that one day or one of these days I will be out of the company so I was sort of mentally prepared but there is no way that I will ever be financially prepared. I still don't know what will I do next. It is much easier to discuss not so important things like skin care products and make up. Than discuss about where my life is heading. Right? I will just face my life concerns some other time.. 
Since last year even though I didn't feel yet that my time to go is about to come, I decided anyway to go the path of a minimalist and frugal. I am glad I did. I had my 2 years hoarding phase/spree that at first seems to be harmless but when I counted the money I spent, well I could have purchased a plane ticket instead with that money. But anyhow it is over and done. Just lesson learned for me. Been doing Pan Project. And will keep on doing so until I finished the items I hoarded for the last 2 years. Here are some that I was able to record for the month of February. Well I actually have written separate posts for each already. 

On the photo: Botanics Cleansing Toner, Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Pillow Mist and La Roche Posay Physiological Toner ~ you know what? Every time I write an Empty Bottle Post or Goodbye Post series only then I realized that most of the purchases I made were the things I can live without. I do not even remember them at all not unless I see my posts as a reminder that once I used those brands. There has been no repurchased items either.

No comments:

Post a Comment