Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Goodbye #106: Essence Lipsticks

Essence is a European brand of drug store cosmetics. Germany brand? Said to be cruelty free brand. In UAE it is available in some Carrefour Express. And I ended up buying almost all the lipsticks they offer. Beats me if I know why I purchased them all. And now it is time to say goodbye!
I cannot find the time to take photos on daylight or outside. Time is my biggest enemy while living in UAE. Maybe the colors will really stood out on a natural light.
Each tube is only 12AED and all are made in EU. The most affordable you can get in the market. But maybe prices will go up next year when they introduced the Value Added Tax in goods. Makeup sadly happens to be not necessary so it will have a VAT.
It is a good brand. Does not bleed. Does not dry out the lips. But The colors are not my type. Unlike the Mac nudes that I have right now. I am just thanking these tubes for the memories. And that just it.
I do not mind that these tubes did not come with a box. A box would be a waste of paper anyway. And these lipsticks are in their permanent collection otherwise stated. All are okay to wear in the office setting. I mean even the colorful ones are not loud.
I am not updated in their collection so I am not sure if they are updating their colors and looks on yearly basis or not. I know in Europe they are having limited edition but unfortunately it never reaches UAE.
I know that somehow some colors will pass off as dupe for Mac but I simply cannot find time yet for that.
These 2 shades from the Nude Collection and I am not sure if they are permanent or Limited Edition. It came out in 5 shades but they are all suites women with fair skin tone.
Looks good on swatch upon my hands but tells a different story when applied to lips. This is available in UAE. Affordable. But simply not my type. 
Actually Essence has a sister company called Catrice. Prices are bit high compared to Essence but still fall under the category of affordable. Catrice is not available in physical stores in UAE but some online sellers from Souq are offering them. You can buy them online from outside UAE but then next year when they introduce VAT I do not know if it is still advisable to order online. I mean at least from outside the UAE.

Essence is perfect for those who are on budget or budget conscious or simply new into make up. Essence has good items like mascara and eyeliner. My aunt loves their eyebrow liners. But then when it comes to lipstick I prefer their sister company Catrice. I am saying goodbye to my Essence lipsticks but then at the same time I accumulated a few tubes from Catrice. 

2 comments:

  1. They changed the package and I think some shades are maybe gone. My favorite from all is Cool Nude (05) and I can't find it with new package. The quality is great for this price of 12 AED or 3-4 EUR in Europe. There is new limited collection almost every 2 months and some products are really good. Also it's good that the prices in Europe and UAE are same. For example other brands (Maybelline, L'oreal etc.) are cheaper in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear, Cool Nude I think was a limited edition. But their matte collection has a great nude lipstick for only 9.00AED I know because I bought one two weeks ago :)

      Delete