Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Asian Ingredients in UAE Market

Japanese Products  ~ out of all the Asian ingredients in the UAE market, Japanese products are the most expensive. Maybe because Japan is very far from UAE. Maybe because not much Japanese expats here. Maybe because there's only one (that I know of) grocery that carries extensive range of Japanese items. But most of the items are really Made in Japan. At least in Dean's Fujiya. Japanese products in Carrefour are usually from USA or UK.

Korean Products ~ comparing Korean products to Japanese in terms or price, Korean items are 'slightly' cheaper than Japanese items. But still they belong to the expensive category. At least for me. If you see Made in South Korea in the label means the product is from Korea. But if you will see Product of South Korea in the label means it is manufactured outside Korea like USA or China. Or the ingredients are from outside Korea. Either of that two. 

Thailand Products ~ this is what I can say belongs to affordable category. But only for some items that I know and buy as I haven't explore yet the Thai cuisine. And I haven't seen much of their items in the UAE market. Except for the chili paste, shrimp paste and fish sauce. And some noodles like Mama.

Philippines Products ~ this is in the same category as Thailand in affordability. And I know a lot of grocery stores that carry Philippines products. I can't think of anything that is not available in UAE market. 

No comments:

Post a Comment