Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, May 8, 2015

Small Kitchen

*Photo is from Pinterest.
This is indeed a cute and small kitchen. I don't have any issues with having a small kitchen as long as it is clean and organized just like in this photo.

But at least this kitchen looks like it has a window in front of it, based on the light and the shadow of the chair. I am living in a flat with a small kitchen too. But the problem is it is a closed space. No windows in the kitchen or near the kitchen. And even if there is can I bear to open it when the weather feels like summer 10 months in a year?

Cooked onion rings one time. It was just an onion rings but then the odor afterwards was a torture. It hangs in my hair, in what I was wearing, in the walls in short in the whole flat. So imagine the agony it is a fried fish. Or any other meat.

Deodorizer ~ I am currently using a deodorizer from Daiso. I might do a trial and error in different brands. Maybe the Daiso I am using is working but not enough as it cannot overpower the odor of whatever I am cooking.

Scented Candles ~ this is quite dangerous as I have said the space is closed and small. So have to be very careful. And expensive too. It helps but just a little. It can only mask the smell as long as it is lit on but not to make it vanish. The smell of the food will linger for hours and there's no way to leave  candle burning while I'm not at home or sleeping.

Air Spray ~ just like the scented candle it can only mask the smell for a few seconds. Tried spraying in the kitchen then closed the door. Upon opening the door again, it was the smell of food that welcomed me. Instead of the smell of air spray or freshener.

Vinegar ~ read somewhere that leaving a bowl of vinegar in the kitchen will make the smell go away. Tried once opening a bottle of vinegar but I'm not too sure if it worked or not. I might really leave a bowl of vinegar in the kitchen next time around.

Air Purifier ~ this is the only solution I haven't tried yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment