Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Daiso Haul Part 1

Daiso is  Japanese store that sells affordable items. It is their version of Dollar Store. In the UAE items are for 7.00AED only otherwise stated. It was 2014 when I started visiting Daiso again after so many years. I stopped probably because the Daiso in Ajman is out of the way. The Daiso in Sharjah City Centre closed down. Traffic in Sharjah is heavy all the time so I don't dare go there. As I will be spending more money in taxi fare than the price of the items I'm going buy. But anyways I'm glad that I started shopping at Daiso again. Here are some hauls I made for the past few months. And can you blame me? Daiso has this weird system that you will see an item today and love it only to find out that it is not available in other branches or once they run out of it from their store they do not know when they'll have a stock again. Or will they ever have it again.  So the tendency for me is once I see it I hoard it. 

One of the main reasons why I started shopping at Daiso is when I noticed that my expenses in skin care products was draining me financially. I had to look for alternatives. Not only for skin care products as well as for the household items. If only they also have liquid items and food items for sure I'll be the first in line to buy them as well. So here are my hauls:

Daiso Ellefar Water Pack Jelly ~ this is a dupe for the popular Cure Aqua Gel. Actually Cure Aqua Gel is not available in UAE. But some online sellers do have them. Even if they becomes available in UAE market it is so expensive. I wouldn't be able to afford it, really. I'm glad that a dupe is available for it. Daiso Ellefar Water Pack Jelly or Daiso Peeling Gel is a gentle and safe exfoliator. As for me I love to use it on my nose area. As a preparation before putting a nose strips or any other products meant to clean the nose area of white heads. I found it at Daiso in Mirdif City Centre and I had a feeling that it will be hard for me to track down this item again so I purchased all their stocks that time. And yes I am right. It is not available in other branches. And Daiso MCC staff can't even tell me if they will have it again or did they even order for this item from Japan. A tube costs only 7.00AED
Sumi Charcoal Hair Treatment ~ another hard to find product from Daiso. I bought it from Daiso Lamcy Plaza. I don't think this is available in other branches. As Daiso UAE doesn't normally carries hair products. To think that even their skin care line is limited. Is this a way to make sure that consumers will only buy those expensive items? (Conspiracy Theory)... This is a hair mask. I bought all their stocks as I have a feeling that they won't stock up this item again ever and I think I am right as I'm not seeing this anymore for 2 months now. A tube would cost only 7.00AED not bad for pampering my hair than spending a 100AED or more in a parlor. 
Daiso Cleansing Water ~ this is Daiso's version of Micelle Solution. It is meant for removing make up and other dirt and impurities in the face. A bottle costs only 7.00AED but I did not hoard this one. I got myself only 2 pieces to try it out. For those who are interested to buy bear in mind that it does contain Alcohol and it is available only in Daiso Lamcy Plaza. Why do they have that system when there's only 1 owner of Daiso UAE?
Daiso Nano Hair Treatment ~ this is the most expensive item I bought from Daiso. A tube costs 14.00AED. I bought it at Daiso Lamcy Plaza. This is not available in other branches. In spite of being expensive I bought all their stocks which was only 3 pieces. And I'm not expecting them to stock up again. Because just like the Sumi Charcoal Hair Treatment mask above, I haven't seen this item again at the said branch. It has been 2 months since I made the purchase. 
Daiso Body Milk Lotion ~ a tube of this lotion costs only 7.00AED. I bought it 2 months ago together with Sumi Charcoal Hair Mask and Nano Charcoal Hair Mask at Daiso Lamcy Plaza. I got myself 2 pieces of it. And once again I'll say that this is not available in other branches of Daiso. My last visit in Daiso Lamcy Plaza I didn't notice this item anymore. It could mean only one thing, it will never be available in their branch again. This is the cheapest lotion I have seen in the UAE market. 

That's all for now. Thanks for dropping by. Will continue this post some other time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment