Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Empty Tube 19: Avene Cold Hand Cream ♚

As I have said I will be back with another empty post and here it is. Avene is a French brand of skin care. In the UAE market it is available in major pharmacies. But be reminded that this is very expensive here. Their selling point is they are using thermal spring water for their products which said to be good and healthy for the skin. I love Avene Emollient Balm and Avene Gentle Toner. And I think I still have at least 2 Avene products in the my stash. But as much as I love those products I feel the opposite regarding Avene Hand Cream. I detest it out of all the hand creams I used.
Avene Hand Cream
Price: 60AED
Promo: Buy 1, Take 1
Made in France

I don't like this Avene hand cream to the point of hating it as I used it just to avoid wasting the product even though it doesn't feel right in my skin. I purchased it after reading a few reviews from some forums when people said it to be their holy grail. And since I love almost all the Avene products I tried I thought it will be the same with this cold cream for the hands. I wish I have the right words in English to use to describe how it feels on the skin. But I'll try. It feels rough? And the smell. Ugh. Can't stand the smell and I don't understand why it has to smell that way.
For me to be able to finish it I had to mix it up with other creams. Well I don't mind using unscented cream. But in this case it has a scent but resembles to a burnt rubber. Or something as equally as bad as that. Needless to say I would never ever repurchase this even if this would become the cheapest in the market. It boggles me to think that the cold cream for the body does not give off the same kind of smell.
 
THIS IS NOT RELATED to Avene Cold Hand Cream but then an experience I want to share:
Are you a Philippine Passport Holder?
Are you working in UAE?
Is your passport at least 6 months valid?
Is your UAE visa at least 6 months valid?
Do you want to visit Turkey?
If all the answers are YES.
First thing that you need to know is gone are the days that the Turkish Embassy in Dubai is accepting walk ins for visa applications. The new rule will be you have to go online and get an appointment. No appointment ~ they will not entertain you. Gone are the days that you can apply for the tourist visa a week before your flight. Now you should prepare your documents at least one month before as you take your appointment you'll upload those documents in the website. As of the appointment I logged in around May 04, 2016 and the booking I got was May 18, 2016. And you need to wait up to one week to know the result. If your application has been approved or not. So it would not hurt to really prepare in advance the way I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment