Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Empty Bottle 22: BBW Mad About You Shower Gel ♚

As I have said I am currently on the process of decluttering my room. And in this process one of the things I am doing is using up whatever stocks I have in skin care products. While not buying anything new. I'm posting all the empty bottles I have as for me to see my progress. And besides this blog of mine is an online diary. That reflects my UAE life and yes including tiny details of my everyday life here as an OFW. And today I am already in my 22nd empty bottle of skin care products I own. This post is about Bath and Body Works Mad About You body wash. Each bottle has 295ML and a bottle costs 60AED. But anyway I don't buy when it is not on discount or special promotion. I got this one when they have a Buy 1, Take 1 in all the body washes last year. Around October or November. Said to be with Shea Butter and Vitamin E. It smells floral, fruity and sweet at the same time. Well everything from Bath and Body Works Signature Collection line that I tried have some sweetness in their scents. This sweet scent was the reason why I stopped buying body wash from Bath and Body Works. Whatever body wash from them I have are the remaining from my purchased last year. I got myself 4 bottles of body wash. And after 5 months I managed to finish only 2 bottles.
As I have repeatedly said I tried many brands or variants of body wash hoping to stumble on a dirt cheap brand with heavenly smell. As all body washes works fine and all we have to do is choose the scent we like in the price tag that we can afford. At first I love the scent of Mad About You that's why I have chosen this. But to use it daily was not fun for me at all. The sweetness sickens me. Not only this variant but almost all the variants from Signature Collection that I tried. So in the end I have to use another brand alternately. I used this every other day.  This was the reason why I stopped buying at all from Bath and Body Works for 4 to 5 months. And It was the Aromatherapy Line that made me come back again. And as I write this the only item I purchased in the Signature Collection line recently was the hand wash. And just because it was on 75% off. Needless to say I will not repurchase this Mad About You body wash. If ever that I'll purchase a body wash again from Bath and Body Works in the future it will be from their Aromatherapy Line or True Blue Spa Line. But to be fair the sweet scent is my only issue. All their body wash are gentle on the skin and making my dry skin drier.
The French Lavender and Honey I finished it off some 2 months ago? While Mad About You I just finished recently. 2 bottles down. 2 more to go. This line will suit people who loves to experience new scent as they take a shower because this line has more than a dozen scents to choose from. I'll be a fan again only if they will lessen the level of sweetness the comes off from their body washes.

Now here's a story that is not entirely related to the shower gel. We have a new manager since last year. And he asked me why I'm taking my leave days not all at once but every now and then. Meaning I have taken 2 days last February then another 2 days for the month of April. I told him that for the last 10 years I am not taking an annual leave and so my wish for this year is to be able to use all my annual leave. Well to make the long story short he does not care about me or what happened to me in the last 10 years. He made it clear that he wanted all of us to take our vacation one time only. Once a year only. Wow. I was taken aback that I was not able to answer him. Are we a robot? That nothing should come up out of the blue every once in a while? And there goes again the feeling that whatever I contributed to the company for the last 10 years meant nothing at all. I don't matter to the company nor to this country.

It did not even occur to him that at least now compared to before we now have new employees. Unlike before. This is sad. Because I was not asking for something extra. But then what can I do but to just comply. So you see its easier for me to just share about little things that to go on about my life as an OFW here.

And on the other stories..
UPDATE about the current Bath and Body Works Sale: It will run in the UAE until June 06, 2016. I visited the Mirdif City Centre branch yesterday. Price starts at 30AED ~ that price is for body wash or body lotion in the Signature Collection. The Signature Collection I have seen were the recurring scents. Aromatherapy and True Blue Spa ARE NOT included in the sale.

UPDATE about the Boots Pharmacy Sale: Promo ends tomorrow. Even Nuxe is included in the promo. I feel like I have to share it. Their famous oil is not included in Buy 1, Take 1 but if you'll buy the big bottle you can ask the SA to give it to you in their promo. I know because I asked. But I did not bother buying it.

UPDATE about the Victoria's Secret Promo: This promo ends tonight. Any Body Care Line for 2 would costs only 85.0AED. In short that's Buy 1, Take 1 as each bottle is 85AED. Same promo for the Fantasy Line. I did not received any SMS about it. I just happened to dropped by. Victoria's Secret often has promotion that's valid for the weekend only. But often times you will only know about it when you visit the store and actually look around. Or ask the SA what promo or discount they are currently having. I finally purchased the Victoria's Secret Weightless Body Oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment