Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Empty Tub 28: BBW Aromatherapy Body Scrub 🌸

Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Body Scrub
Stress Relief: Eucalyptus Tea
Price: 60.00AED
Promotion: Buy 1, Take 1
Made in USA
Purchased at Bath and Body Works Dubai
Purchased on April 2016 

Price ~ If I'm going to base on my financial status then 60.00AED retail price is expensive. But if I'm going to base in the market with other brands then this is affordable.

Scent ~ Eucalyptus Tea so it gives of a minty smell and at the same time sweet because of sugar grains. And soft because of the oil. The scent stays for a long time sometimes up to my lunch break and there are times up to when I get home from work. The only time that I don't use it is when I have a massive headache. Because when I do any scents aggravates the pain.

Moisturizing Agents ~ Yes it is moisturizing because of the oil. After using it no need to put on a lotion. People say that we should use body scrub once a week or twice a week maximum but I used it everyday. It does not dry out my skin. In fact I saved time in the morning as I don't use lotion anymore every time I use this scrub.

Once I purchased a body scrub from good old Safeer Mall but I used it only twice and as much as I hate wasting product I had to discard it because the gigantic granules hurt my skin. So I consider Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Body Scrub to be my first body scrub ever. The difference of this scrub even though the granules are big it does not hurt. As the sugar granules dissolves in the skin easily. While giving off a minty and sweet smell that's quite heavenly. Well at least for me as I have read that there are people who dislike the oil in it. Plus the aroma stays long in the bathroom which I love. It is better than smelling the alien scents coming from the neighbor! Sorry for the bad photo but as the back label says: Use in the shower to smooth skin. While enjoying the Aromatherapy. Yes they are right. Knowing me I hate products that promises something but can't deliver. But with this scrub it do as it say.
Tried taking a photo of the ingredients. Didn't know that my photos are this bad as the clarity is not good enough. Anyway ingredients list can be found at the bottom of the tub. But I don't mind this anymore. I just let my skin decide if the product is good or not. If a product irritates my skin then it is bad product. But if the product helps my skin to stay hydrated and soft then it is a good product. I bought this scrub on a whim and I had no idea that I would love this.

I was introduced to Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy as someone has given me a Stress Relief body wash. This was during the time that I'm staying away from BBW body washes as they are too sweet for me. Well even the Stress Relief has a faint hint of sweetness but this Aromatherapy thing works on me. As I find it quite relaxing (the scent) and so when I have a chance to purchase the body lotions I did. Even though those lotions are watery I love their smell. I'll just get the body cream next time around.

After being in love with the scents of Aromatherapy body wash and body lotion led me to be interested in trying out the body scrub. And because this body scrub is moisturizing enough that I become interested in their Aromatherapy Massage Oils. I'm just waiting for another promotion. Only when they are on promo that I can actually afford their items. I will be making a mini haul. As I'm interested in their massage oils and body creams. And also planning to purchase some from True Blue Spa. That is if my budget will allow me to during that time.
Last photo shows the sugar granules in oil. I appreciate that there is too much oil in it. Visiting Bath and Body Works is not a pain because the Sales Associates will not follow you like a lost puppy. They will not shove products on you either. Once in a while they will ask you to try out a certain product but once you decline then they will stop. They will let you know that they are there to assist you but not to annoy you. I wish all the SA from other brands will learn from it.

Aside from BBW Aromatherapy I am currently interested to try out Victoria's Secret 4 step body care line. My mistake was it was on sale when it was introduced in UAE market last January 29, 2016 but silly me I had mistaken it for Victoria's Secret Fantasy Line that I did not avail the offer. Introductory price was 125AED for 4 products. And now each product retails for 85AED. 175AED for 3 pieces. The Victoria's Secret Body Care Line has scrub and body oil that I'd like to try. Scrub and oil are my current thing. But even so I'm still careful with my budget and with hoarding as my magic dresser and cupboard still over flows with products. This is my 28th product down. I know there is a progress but a slow one. I have taken out my stash from cupboards and put then in the dresser where I can see them everyday as a reminder. So I'll not fall into another hoarding spree again.

P.S.
I was in Bath and Body Works yesterday. And there was a huge crowd because its the time of the year that the prices are very low. It will run until June 04, 2016. Meaning next weekend. Limited selection are for sale for only 20AED unfortunately for me Aromatherapy and True Blue Spa are not included. I know I keep on saying that their scents are too sweet for my liking and I'm staying away from it etc. But then I was not able to hold back myself yesterday anymore. Bath and Body Works is very expensive in Manila and so I thought I'll give some to my younger sister to try. While I haven't decided yet what to send for gifts on December to others. In short I made a mini haul. Which contradicts my currently uncluttering of the room. Will try to share the mini haul I made. For those who can't visit their shops this Annual Sale will happen again in December to January.

Of course another shop I visited was Victoria's Secret Beauty Store in Mirdif City Centre. They are having 30% to 50% off in selected items. I thought it was only for lingerie. And it was pretty useless to ask around through the comments section of their FB page. No one was able to answer me if the skin care products are included. Visiting the shop than asking around was a big help. Old packaging of Victoria's Secret Fantasy Line are available for only 25.00AED but no more body wash. Available are body lotions, body creams and body mists. Some fragrance lotions and body mists are 50% off but I don't know what do they call with that line. For example I got myself a Winter Bombshell fragrance lotion for 50% and I'm thinking if I should get next week the black tube that I can't remember if it is Victoria's Secret Night Fragrance Lotion or Victoria's Secret Dark Angel Fragrance Lotion. And from Victoria's Secret Body Care Line; Verbena collection is up for 50% off. I read somewhere that it has been discontinued in the US (the Verbena scent I mean but not the Body Care Line Collection) that could be the reason why it's up for sale. Will try to share also some time my mini haul from Victoria's Secret Beauty Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment