Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Empty Bottle 24: Vichy Face Wash ♚

As I keep on organizing and decluttering the room I was surprised that actually my dresser alone has 100 items, mostly are small items. That I did not notice immediately that they keep on piling up already. With this number on my mind I can hold back purchasing anything. Even though there are times that I can't wait to buy some items like for example right now I am interested into body oils and massage oils. Aside from their prices with the number of stuff I have that I'm trying to lessen was enough reason for me to set aside that want. And with this decluttering and posting Empty Bottles more than ever making me realize that I don't really need expensive items. And I don't need much.
For today's Empty Bottle post it is about Vichy Face Wash. Purchased last 2014 when I was still crazy over French brands of skin care. And just started having a regime in hoping to fight off some skin concerns. But because I got excited and hoarded a lot it has taken me more than a year to actually use it and finish it off. I used it up only this year. I got this on Buy 1, Take 1 from Aster Pharmacy. Price was between 95AED to 100AED. I still have another unused bottle which I'm just going to give to my younger sister when I send the cargo box this June. I like this product but I don't think I can still finish the second bottle because as of this writing I still have at least 5 face washes that I need to finish. So better hand it over than let this product expire and go to waste. That is the problem when you hoard products as if there is not tomorrow or as if another sale will never ever come again ever. But at least now I learned my lesson. I'm not hoarding products anymore. Hoarding phase of my life lasted for only a year.
This is Vichy Face Wash is made in France. And I tried to take a photo of the back of the bottle to show the ingredients for those who wants to know. Please refer to the second and third photo and sorry that's the best I could do. I'm using the Auto Mode of my camera and yet most of my photos are still a major fail. That will never be my talent, tsk. But then back to the product I know you've heard this word from me a thousand times already but this is a good product. I'm not really fussy about any product that unless it promises something so grand and yet can't deliver. I'd say that this is good as it did not irritate my skin. Foams up well. Believe me if you experienced face washes that stings the skin then when another face wash comes along that is gentle to your skin you'll surely call it good.
The last attempt to capture that ingredients list properly. But if I got it right seems that European products (well based on those I used) are not using Parabens. I often see European products saying Paraben Free. And sometimes organic. Whether the product is inexpensive or not. So if you are looking for Paraben free products better check European brands well like Vichy. As for me I don't really mind even if the product has parabens. Or made of organic ingredients. As long as the products are affordable and easily available. And most importantly gentle on the skin. Having a good scent that I would love is just a bonus. So methinks this will perfectly suit people with sensitive skin. The only downside would be the price as this is too expensive for a face wash. I just happen to have it on sale.

And that's all for now. For those who landed on my page and hoping for an in depth reviews like me grilling the ingredients list or something like that then I'm sorry to disappoint you. Because for me actually everything in the market actually works. You just have to know your skin type and get a brand that will suit you based on that. Products are being sold to us in different marketing strategy. Sometimes they would even promise the heaven and earth with their outlandish claims. And sadly we often fall for that. Also bear in mind that the ingredients they are using are almost the same so the most brands probably get it in the same prices. In the end the factor why we pay brands differently is based on their status/reputation.

I still have a few brands of face wash (and other skin care products) that I will be sharing soon. If a product did not irritate my skin or gives me discomfort then I will say it is a good product. Especially if the price is reasonable. But I can't for the life of me can sing praises for them (although at a time I did with some) as if I found an oasis on the desert or something similar. Because all of them are made to clean our face and nothing else. Whatever their extra claims might be are just solely for trying to caught our attention/interest. Seriously? Whitening face wash? Anti aging face wash? Duh. I think in the end the good thing about my posts will be letting other people know that such product exists in the area. And of course the price. Or if there are on going promotion.

SPEAKING of promotion:
Victoria's Secret UAE sent an SMS that starting today Victoria's Secret and VS Pink are 30 to 50% off. Not just sure if beauty products are included. Will try to visit them on weekend. And so I'm just sharing this information in case that some of you might be interested. Ciao ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment