Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Empty Bottle 21: Bourjois Velvet Shower Cream ♚

 
First let me start that since last year I had been using body wash or body gels instead of bar soaps. To think that all my life I am using bar soaps. While body wash has been around for quite some time now but I was not paying attention to it as this is more expensive than a bar soap. So what made me change my mind and jump into band wagon of people using body wash instead of bar soap? Because it has been said that it is better when you have a dry skin. And I was sort of desperate to have a soft and hydrated skin.
It has been a year since I'm using a body wash. Are there any difference? I would say yes but it cannot be attribute only to me using body wash. As body wash alone cannot give someone a soft and hydrated skin. It just happened that I never forget to put on a lotion and sometimes even sunscreen in the morning and in the evening. I tried different brands of body wash hoping to find a holy grail. Meaning cheap brand and yet with smell that I would enjoy and love.
Bourjois is a French brand of cosmetics. A drug store brand of cosmetics to be exact and I used to think it was bloody expensive. But not really. I have a few make up from Bourjois and Une and I'm loving them. So I did not hesitate to get their body wash when it was on sale at Carrefour. I got this body wash for around 13AED and for two bottles. But I can't find the other bottle now. And this post is loaded with photos of the one bottle only that I managed to finish. It has been said to have Lily Flower in ingredients though I can't remember even how Lily Flower looks like anymore if I have seen one before.
In short I purchased the Bourjois body wash because they have a great make up line and I'm hoping that the skin care products are great too. And in Victoria's Secret my favorite scent is Sheer Love which is made of cotton and pink lily. And so I thought this Bourjois would resemble Sheer Love a bit because of Lily Flower. But sadly it did not. To be fair all body wash works fine and works the same. It's the matter of preference over the scent and price range. And if it is easily available when needed in your area.
If it would help Bourjois said to be Paraben Free. As there are some people who are avoiding products with parabens. But I don't anyway. But as of the scent? Remember I'm looking for a cheap brand with scent that I would enjoy. Sadly it did not live up with my expectations or the kind of scent I'm looking for. I would not buy this again even if it is inexpensive. I still have other variants sitting at home that I painfully has to finish. This one seems to be having a hint of coconut which a scent that I don't like. I ended up using it as hand wash than body wash.
I finished this bottle in spite of me not liking the scent as of course I don't want to waste money or a product. Currently I am not buying anything. I'm trying to finish all the stocks of body wash regardless whether I like the scent or not. Just like the remaining 3 bottles of Bourjois body wash that I still have somewhere. But at least at the end of it all lesson learned. And because I am currently in the process of decluttering my little space there will be more empty bottles post from me in the future. As I'm trying to finish everything this year. I want to live a minimalist and mess free life.

That's all for now.
Thanks for dropping by to my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment