Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Empty Tub 29: VS Deep Softening Body Butter Love Spell 🌸

Warning: Photos overload.
Ironically I dislike the scent.
Victoria's Secret Deep Softening Body Butter
Love Spell
Cherry Blossoms and Peach
Price: 70.00AED
Mix and Match: 5 products for 200.00AED
Made in USA
Purchased at Victoria's Secret Dubai

Purchased on October 2015
Discontinued Product
Price ~ Whenever I mention the price of a product there are two factors. First factor is my financial status. I'm just a plain office employee with almost the same salary for the last 10 years. So everything automatically are expensive for me. And if you will wonder how on earth I can afford these products well think about the food I'm skipping. And sometimes there are bills that I'm not paying in full. And lastly the vacations I'm not taking. So many sacrifices just because I'm crazy about skin care products since late 2014. The other factor is when I get to compare the prices of different brands in the market. If I were to compare it with brands like Soap and Glory, Lush, L'Occitane and The Face Shop then it automatically falls into the category of affordable.
Moisturizing Agents ~ Well this is moisturizing enough but not really outstanding. Because in the market all the body moisturizers can do the same. But this is the best for me because it sinks into the skin easily. And no watery feeling. Ever experience the back of your knees so wet that it irritates you? So imagine my surprise upon finding a product that is not like that. Those are the things that made this Deep Softening Body Butter stood out from the rest. And mind you by now I already tried at least 4 brands of body butters. The others failed me unlike this one. Dirty Works does not give a watery feeling but tends to sit on the skin for a long time. Don't know how many minutes it will take before it sinks in. There is even one body butter that I tried only once and I'm about to hand over to my younger sister.
Scent ~ Cherry Blossoms and Peach. So the scent is supposed to be floral and fruity at the same time. As you can see in the photo I used it up to the last bit. As I always do with all the Empty Bottles. But it does not mean that I enjoy the scent. This scent comes off as a fake to me. An overly sugary candy. It has taken me 6 months to finish it off as I can't stand the smell. But I had to finish it. As who wants wasting product/money anyway? It usually takes a month for me to finish a tube. If its delicious enough.
Staying Power ~ Whenever I use it in the morning (but not this variant) I can say that the scent can stay up to lunch break. That is at least 4 hours top. In the case of Love Spell I'm using it at night and the scent stays the whole night long. I can still smell it in the morning when I'm about to go in a shower. It will be gone once I'm done showering. Another information: I had been told a numerous times by the SA at Victoria's Secret that this is their most popular scent in the Fantasy Line. When they revamped the packaging of Fantasy Line this is one of the scents that has not been discontinued. And there are forums where people are commenting how they love this smell. But again, this is not for me. I got this one because of Cherry Blossoms.
The bottom of the tub that says massage for long lasting, intensive moisture, focusing on dry, rough areas. Meaning the knees and elbows. The cream has a light violet color that coordinates with the color of the tub. That's the fun thing about Victoria's Secret Deep Softening Body Butter. With the variants with scent that I love like Sheer Love I'm applying it to my body generously and religiously. But even the generous amount seems to melt in the skin easily. I know because I tried it a few times after I take a swimming and shower on the weekends. And I'm sort of experimenting also if my sweat would smell sweet because of the body butter. But unfortunately I almost don't sweat even on summer. No matter how hot I feel.
This is not a beauty blog. But I had been posting a lot of beauty or skin care products lately as it has been quite an obsession for me since late 2014 up to 2015. Well at first I just wanted to have whiteheads free nose. Then a sunspots free face. Then in the end I just wanted to have a hydrated and soft skin. So I went ahead and try out different brands hoping to find one that will suit me. So far Victoria's Secret Deep Softening Body Butter is the best for me. But as I've stated above it has been discontinued.

And as you can see from the photo above I just finished the Love Spell Body Butter. And I'm already about to finish the Total Attraction Body Butter. That's how I love it. I consumed a lot of it. I'm really pampering my skin. In spite of its price. I'm just justifying it by telling myself (and its true) that I don't have vices anyway. There are too many things that I don't buy just so I can purchase the skin care products of my liking.
Now in this photo as you can see the product from Victoria's Secret sister company Bath and Body Works. My latest obsession is their Aromatherapy Body Scrub. I just don't know until when it will be. As they are not always on sale or on a discount anyway. And what I like in the scrub is the oil in it. That's why I had been thinking about buying myself the Aromatherapy Oil or Victoria's Secret Weightless Oil. At least those I can also use at night as an extra TLC for my skin aside from the body butter. To lock in the moisture.
And in this last photo ~ another Victoria's Secret product I'm about to finish. The Love Spell Body Wash from Victoria's Secret Fantasy Line but also a discontinued product. Well because I had been obsessed with skin care products that I have hoarded a little. And as an end result I have quite a messy (life) and room. So months ago (or weeks ago, maybe?) I stopped buying skin care products (okay there are few purchase but products I don't have like the scrub)  and trying to finish whatever I have and at the same time free my room from all the clutter. And writing a post about my Empties to track down my progress. And at the same time to share my experiences and reviews about the said products. Okay thanks for visiting my page. That would be all for now. But this Empty Post might go for another year as aside from the dresser and cabinets even my bags have something in them too. ☺

AL ANSARI EXCHANGE
We are getting out salary earlier than most of the people here. And because of this reason I'm sending money early too. The advantage would be there's no queue in the ATM machine and even at the exchange. Al Ansari Exchange is the nearest exchange near to me. And I had a not so good experience with them last Wednesday. I rushed from the office to avoid the crowd even though it was freaking hot outside only to be turned away. Because I don't have an ID. Friend said I should have fought with him but I was in hurry to even think about fighting with that damn guy at the exchange. It was unpleasant as I had been sending money back home through them for the last 8 years! If this a new policy they should have informed me instead. Customer Service and Humanity seems to be lost nowadays. Law abiding citizens are being treated as criminals most of the time while they are always letting the real criminals walk away. The irony of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment