Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, May 13, 2016

Just another tidbits..

In just a few weeks it will mark my 10th year anniversary of being an OFW in the Middle East. It has been a decade since I left the Philippines. But sadly whether I like it or not time will come that I have to go back in my own country. This land will never ever embrace me as one of their own. Well that is another story that I'm avoiding to discuss. But back when I first came here I don't even have a proper luggage. It was just a huge native bag, I wish I have a photo to share right now. I don't even know what it is called. Fast forward after 10 years ~ the girl with just a few earthly possessions now have a clutter at every corner of the room. And that is one of the things in my life now that I am trying to change.

Inventory ~ This is the first step. To write down everything I own. From clothes to beauty products. I started with beauty products only last 2014 and in spite of not having a money seem like I accumulated a lot. Well for me that is a lot since I'm not really using make up on daily basis. And there's a regret on that.

Pan Project ~ Means whatever I have I am using them and making sure that I finish them up to the last drop. Whether it is make up. Skin Care Product. Or even FOOD. Yes there were times that I also hoarded food. Beats me if I know why I have done so. Almost everyday I am posting an Empty Bottle. So I'd say somehow I have a little success in this area. Key Word: Little. Because there are still items that I buy and going to buy. But whatever I'm going to buy are something that I don't have like the massage oils and scrubs.

Decluttering ~ This goes for other goods like shoes and clothes. As well as bags. Well I'm not saying that I have too much that it overflows. I only need a few of those. I either throw them away those that can't be use anymore but just lying around for reasons I don't know. Or hand them down to my younger sister so she won't need to spend money in buying things.

That is my project this year. I'm preparing as if I'm going to leave this place for good. Trying hard to be where I was before. The girl with only one small luggage. There may be things that I love and means a lot to me but I have to let them go now. Isn't it life like that, we are constantly letting go?

No comments:

Post a Comment