Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Empty Bottle 65: VS Weightless Body Oil Passionflower 🌸

Photos overload once again for this post:
2015 when Victoria's Secret released a 4 way body care system. 4 way as there are 4 products in this line that they are recommending for total care and protection of the skin. Products under this line are said to be organic. It has body scrub, body rich cream wash, body lotion and weightless body oil. It was introduced in the UAE market last January 2016. Current price is 85.00AED each which is expensive for me. Or you can get 3 products for only 175.00AED or 185.00AED I can't remember now the exact amount and that is still expensive for me. Because of the price even if I'm too keen into trying out the Victoria's Secret Weightless Body Oil I had to wait until they went on sale. Sometime in May it was available for Buy 1, Take 1 and I immediately got myself at least 2 variants. And one variant dropped the price finally during the Semi Annual Sale for only 25.00AED that I got myself more. I haven't check the current price in the UAE as I still have some bottles left at home. And I'm planning to come back to Victoria's Shop only when they will be having the Semi Annual Sale again which I think will happen on December or January.
I started purchasing from Victoria's Secret around October 2015. But I would not say that I am a regular customer. Sure I visit them often but to only see if they have a latest skin care product or if they have an ongoing promotion. I only buy when they are on sale. Victoria's Secret Fantasies used to have body washes and I tried a few variants. The same line has Deep Softening Body Butter which I fell in love with and when it went on sale I made sure that I got enough stock. And if you will ask me why I became a customer of Victoria's Secret simply because of the scents of their skin care products. Most flowery but strong but the level is not enough to trigger my migraine. I think that's what is missing in most drugstore products where the scents are weak and does not last long.

I am a huge fan of Deep Softening Body Butter but it has been phased out. Then Victoria's Secret Weightless Body Oil came out with the intent of locking the moisture. The idea is you will use a lotion then followed by the oil. It is a skin care regime layering. Since I have a dry skin which made me a huge fan of their body butter in the first place and so this idea captured my interest. I was thinking that finally I can have the soft, smooth and hydrated skin all the time. As admittedly their body butter can only do so much. It has a limit just like every product out there. Plus there has been write ups how people are switching from conventional lotion to body oil. I was sold.
As I have said price of Victoria's Secret Weightless Body Oil is 85.00AED and that is still expensive for me that I waited for the sale. I know I just keep on repeating myself but what I want to point out is even if it is deem expensive for me, it is still cheaper in comparison with other known brands in the market like Nuxe or Caudalie. Price could go lower if they have an ongoing promotion and goes lowest if they are going to phase it out during their Semi Annual Sale. (Whenever I write something over here I never forget to mention how I find it expensive; I hope that gives you an idea how much the salary here is versus the cost of living. Anything more than 30AED is already expensive.) I feel like I really have to mention the prices all the time as there are a lot of office workers like me who wants to buy something or try out something but they just couldn't for the fear of the prices. I know people who would not even dare to go inside these shops.
As of the Passion Flower duh I am not a chemist nor a perfumer that I suck in describing smell. I don't even know what a Passion Flower is. All I can say is for me it smells good. I am the type of person who enjoys fruity smells like Victoria's Secret Love Addict. But then Victoria's Secret Weightless Body Oil variants are all flower and plant scents. The smell does not lasts long. As I'm applying it at night and in the morning I can't smell any. But rest assured it is very moisturizing. It is oil but it does not feel heavy on the skin. And ironically lotion feels more greasy than oil. I mean when you think of oil you think about it being greasy right? But no body oil is not greasy at all. Sorry girls that is all I can say to describe it.
Normally I am the type of person who always do trial and error whenever I am using a product to test what is the best out there and with value for money. But when it comes to body oil I didn't do that. Well there could be body oils in the supermarket with lower price maybe but they surely don't smell like Victoria's Secret. Maybe it will cost more money in adding up perfume with body oils? There could be a better brand of body oil but would surely cost twice the Victoria's Secret. So no thanks I'll settle with this one. Took photos of the back of the bottle to offer more information about the product.
I think the selling points of the this product are being organic and  paraben free. Am I the only one who does not care about whether a product is organic or not? If the product is paraben free or not? I could consume a bottle in a month that is if I'm using it continuously but then there are days especially on summer that I'm too lazy to moisturize my skin. The solution to hide my dry skin? I wear jeans all the time. Haha.

And that will be all for today. This is part of my Empty Bottle Post Series. What happened was late 2014 to early 2016 I hoarded a lot of beauty products and other tidbits that they are now nothing but clutter all over the tiny room. Occupying even the floors. Lucky that I haven't got any accident yet by accidentally tripping over at night as I thread my way into the bathroom. When I was at my lowest only then I woke up and realized that life would be much happier and easier if I am a minimalist and frugal. Well being one does not necessarily mean I would deprive myself with a few wants in life. I will still buy but not to the point of hoarding. Since May to June I am painfully trying to finish off all the products I hoarded in the past.
Here are the other the Victoria's Secret Weightless Body Oil I purchased during their Semi Annual Sale. I know it defies my Pan Project but I purchased them as there are a few experiments I'm itching to do. I want to try mixing a huge part of oil in my body wash. And on my facial wash to see if it will become a facial foam. I'm asking Google for advices but all Google giving me is DIY.
 
'Your home is living space, not storage space.' ~ Francine Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment