Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Empty Bottle 71: Lush Tea Tree Toner 🌸

As I have said, my story about skin care products: I became addicted since last quarter of 2014 and for almost 2 years I accumulated around 300 items, my make up not yet included. Only to realized later on what a waste of time and money it has been. It would have been better if somehow I am not without whiteheads on my nose and sun spots in my face but I still have them no matter what. So having those items did not change my life or my skin at all.
 
Doing Pan Project since second quarter of this year towards minimalist and frugal life. Writing down Empty Bottle Post Series to document my progress. And now I'm sharing the 71st bottle I managed to consume while I am on my Pan Project. Would you believe that before my vacation I managed to consume at least a hundred products? I'm just posting them late as I don't have much time as always. Then there was a slow down during my vacation. And when I came back from vacation I'm using moisturizers less and less.  
 
Someone on my Instagram loop said that Lush Tea Tree Water toner is good for the skin. Because it is gentle and free from harsh chemicals. Not really sure if I made this purchase in 2014 ~ if you have way too many its hard to keep track anymore. All I can remember is it is expensive for a small bottle. Tried it a few times. Kept in the dresser. Used it up when I started the Pan Project. This is just another gentle toner. It is okay to have this around but if not then it is fine. All the toners I tried are all the same. Gives the same results. It is just between a gentle one which I love and need or something strong that usually contains alcohol which is perfect for my oily nose but not for the rest of my face.

Just an  additional info about Lush. It is a brand from UK. Said to be fresh handmade cosmetics. Fresh. Handmade. That makes a difference. It is available in Dubai but not in Ajman. I am in Ajman. It is a Northern emirate next to Sharjah. Most of the brands I mentioned here are not available in Ajman. So I have to go all the way from Ajman to Dubai just to shop. That sucks.

In fairness to Lush they have a good advocate. About ingredients sorry as I am not taking a look anymore. Well as of the Lush advocate as can be see in the photo below the item I bought was made by an employee name Bryn. Imagine saving those people jobs upon supporting the brand. Basically we are supporting people whenever we buy something but what I'm trying to say is Lush have taken it far more too personal. By stating the person's name. And a photo so you can imagine what the worker looks like. As well as to remind you about it. I may not be good at work but you get what I mean. But no matter how good their advocate might be Lush simply is too expensive for me. Maybe not if I am in UK. UAE is such an expensive place. I have to always mention this piece of information to serve as a head on for my fellow kabayans planning to come here.
As I write this I only have remaining 2 bottles of toner. Thankfully. I will surely finish the two bottles before the year ends. And will try without a toner. Since I'm already using a Micelle Solution. And I have at least 3 or 4 facial wash to finish anyway. (Which reminds me I want to experiment turning them into facial foam). As I keep on writing my Empty Bottle Post Series and seeing that the items on my dresser is getting less as time goes by; there's a flutter in my heart. This may sound nothing to you but it is a big deal for me. Being able to break away from hoarding. Being able to contain myself from buying. For me that is something. That is already a success.
Sorry for those who are expecting a thorough review as this is a personal blog. I'm not a professional blogger or writer.
 
But anyway moving on to something else as you know I keep on saying that I am living in a small flat without a good ventilation. If you will ask anyone living in the UAE they will tell you how expensive the cost of the housing is. And please don't believe the Google when they say that the salary is ranging from 10,000AED or more. It is true but only for some lucky individuals. Either you are an Emarati or Western Expats. Or someone with a very good job. But for the rest of us the commoners it is not true. Methinks there are at least 80% of us the commoners in the modern time in this country. And yet we can't tell that to the real estate just so they will give us a lesser price for the housing. Sharing flat by law is not allowed but it is an open secret to all that people are doing it anyway to survive.
 
The next photos are not mine and I got them all from Google. If people will talk about tiny house or small apartment. Whatever term you want to use ~ this photo will immediately come to your mind, right? This is a 13 square meter apartment. Owned by a Western guy living in a Western country I assume. Or someone with money. Not your typical paycheck to paycheck kind of life. Looks clean and neat. Organized too. And of course there's only one person living in the this tiny apartment. I'm dreaming of having one. Only in my dream. Not trying to be bitter here. Just stating the fact.
Here's another photo. I forgot where I get this one. But the thing is even if it is a small apartment at least it has a proper appliances. Right? Look at the stove. That's cool and neat also. But you know what? Even I in the UAE can't afford a small space all by myself. That is one of the things that I had been trying so hard to explain to my family and friends who thinks life here is so good. And feels like heaven. Some parts are. But there are a lot of hardships most of the time. There are far too many that it is all I can remember. Just a few weeks ago a brother told me he wants to come here and look for a job. After knowing all the hardships I went through. Duh.
For us Asians or people who are living a hand to mouth lifestyle this is what we meant by a small house. This photo is from Hongkong. Well I'm not saying that the flat I am living in looks like this but since it is a sharing flat my space more or less is just like this. And imagine the lack of ventilation too. So when I accumulated so many things when I had a hoarder disease for almost 2 years those items immediately become nothing but clutter. The walls in my flat are okay (even though some areas start peeling) but I remember how my space looks like when I have my stuff scattered on the floor as there was no extra space for me to put them at. But I can't keep on being hard on myself as it has been over and done. And as I have said it was a disease. I'm just thankful that I had been cured.

Eating out is a big no with this kind of salary. Well even if I have a big salary I will not choose eating out. The best would really be cooking your own meal at home. But living in a flat with limited space and sharing even just frying an egg is such a hassle. We don't complain about the smell but the issue is there is no way the smell will go out of the flat. And the hard part is when the smell of food clings to the bed sheet, pillows and blanket. Is it cool to sleep with the scent of a bacon? It is acceptable to go out and people can sniff the fried fish from your clothes? So even if I don't want to spend I end up buying body mist that I can use for the clothes and room. I had been experimenting which body mist or room spray will work best. Tried scented candles too but they are expensive and dangerous. So you'll see numerous body mists on my Empty Bottle Post Series too. And how it became a necessity in my life over here.

Cigarette smoke sadly can trigger my migraine but then I have to live with it. A couple of times I can smell it while I'm in the bathroom. Coming out from the flat next to ours. Why do smokers have to blow out the smoke? I know I'm already ranting but please let me be. I only have one life and I want to enjoy it in good health.
As I do my little things to achieve a minimalist and extremely frugal life I can't help but remember and reflect the life I am living in for the last ten years. And realized the mistakes I have done big or small. Especially on matters of money and relations. Maybe being a girl has something to do with it. As we are the gender who loves so many things. Especially when we are young. That's all for today. I still have too many rants stories to tell some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment