Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, November 18, 2016

North Face Gray Travel Pouch πŸ’•

I'm checking the photos in my PC to see why I have too many. Numbers were now up to 2,000 and it might take me months to declutter them or to organize them. And so today I'm writing a post regarding the North Face Travel Pouch. As I was going on vacation last August I decided to make some purchases during sale last June to July. And how I sh0uld have not bought it. I am still using it but it does not mean I really need it. I just can't ditch as I don't want to waste money.
First of all The NorthFace is quite a reputable brand of outdoor gears. If you are in any UAE mall you will always see this brand next to Columbia and Timberland. I was able to buy winter jacket from the line 3 years ago and I'd say it is a good brand. Plus I love that it is made in the Philippines. But then I find them too expensive so even though I love the brand I can't always afford to shop at them whenever the need arises. But I was having this thought that hey it is on sale and I need a travel pouch anyway and I will be going for one month vacation ~ so I went ahead and purchased this travel pouch on gray.
As you can see in the photo original price was 89.00AED but I got it for only 49.00AED and back then I thought it was a good deal when I was on my vacation I realized that it was not. And I should have just bought something else from the shop during that time like a huge backpack or travel bag. Or any sensible trousers that I can wear whether it is summer or winter.
As of the price I can't and won't complain as looking around whether it is a known brand or not the price are almost the same. You wont really find a dirt cheap travel pouch in the UAE. I even looked at the ever reliable Carrefour. As of the quality no complaints from me either since I trust this brand. And as you can see in the photos it is quite bulky and sturdy. It will surely last a long time. And it will surely be a value for money. But that is if I am extremely happy with this purchase. Also as can be seen in the photo it has a mirror available. But that would be no use for me.
I asked myself if I love it. The answer is no. I asked myself it I am happy with it the answer is no. Even if price and quality are good. I was not able to bring it to my one month trip as it is bulky and cant be pressed in my luggage. It is small that my toiletries wont fit. I am currently using it as a make up pouch and I am not really a make up person. Maybe I will ditch it as soon as I  finish the make up inside. If I could turn back the time I will not make this purchase and save the money instead and wait until I can afford to buy one of their backpacks. As per my experience during my vacation I badly need a sturdy backpack. Mine has given up after a month. Only then I understood why people shelling out hundreds of dirhams just to have a bag from The NorthFace. Yes I also need a travel pouch but bigger than this. And so I hope I can save up enough money until the next sale in the UAE. To purchase what I really need and just what I merely wants.
I actually have 2 travel pouches from The NorthFace the green one is from Dubai Outlet Mall. It is bigger and cheaper and perfect for make up pouch. But still I find it a little small as a travel pouch. Anyway I am not mad at myself over this mistake as after all there was never a need for me for a travel pouch before. And also I had never been away for a month or so. Life is a continuous lesson anyway. That's all for today and thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment