Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, November 21, 2016

Empty Tub 64:Camellia Care Mask 🌸

I have a long black hair that looks buhaghag and in English it is called loose hair. It is very thick. Life is crazy while others are complaining about receding hairline I am complaining about thick hair. Not entirely my fault though, I grew up people and media are telling that having this thick hair is not good. Our idea of good hair is straight and thin hair. I don't even know where Filipinos get this idea while French people still looks good and cool with their curly hair. I know French people were not the only people in the world with curly hair but I remember them as I'm watching a lot of French films. Anyway moving on since I grew up with the notion that having buhaghag hair is not good and looks like as if you are not combing your hair naturally I try to look for ways how to keep it straight and thin.
I started going for hair rebonding since 2009. Been doing it at least once a year. People says that hair rebonding is bad for the hair. Like you will get hair fall more often or it will make your hair thin in the long run. But then as per my experience I don't think so. Having a thick hair is hereditary. I still have thick hair as ever. The last time I had my hair rebond was around February this year. And as much as I enjoy the result I was at the point of getting tired of it. Imagine having to sit in a place not doing anything for at least 6 hours. As an end result of the said boredom I resorted to trying out different hair products to see if anything out there will give me at least a thin hair or an illusion of having one.

So when the Chinese lady offered me to purchase this care mask for the hair for around 25AED to 40AED as I can't remember the exact amount, I didn't think twice and purchased it right away. With the thought that maybe it will really help me with my goal to make my hair looks thin or tame it. It is surely made in China. But I don't mind seriously. And as of the ingredients unfortunately it is no longer visible
Review? What I have done was use it after shampoo and conditioner since it is a hair mask. Maybe this tub lasted for a month on me. Smell was not really nice but not bad though. I enjoy fruity scent that other scents will be just meh to me. Price? Not bad actually. As this is 1,000 Grams of product. But in the end this is not a kind of product that I am so keen to buy again. It made my hair soft but then my good old Cream Silk can do that job already. As of my real intention in making it thinner no avail. I sadly wasted money on many hair products with the same end results since February. That in the end I only have 2 choices sit painfully for 6 hours just to have a super straight hair for the whole year. Or just to accept my hair as it is. Accepting the natural state of my hair would have been easy if I don't need to conform with the norm of our society. The society I grew up with. The same who does not forget to mention how fat I am.
If you just want any hair mask that is quite affordable then you can visit any Chinese owned parlor in your area as they surely sell the cheapest hair mask in the UAE market. But if you are like me looking for a product that will make your hair straight or thin then I'm sorry to say but such product doesn't exist. If it does I'll be the first one to share it with the whole world. If you want a soft hair then there are far too many products in the market that can do this. From hair conditioners to hair masks and endless choices of oils and serums.

Unfortunately for me I wasted money from February to June seeking for the miracle hair product that will fit me perfectly. All of them has given me softer hair but then that is not what I'm after. As long as I'm using proper conditioner then my hair stays soft. In the end hair rebond is the only solution to keep my hair thin looking by straightening every strand.

I'm sharing it as part of my Empty Bottle Post Series where I am documenting the stash (that looks like garbage) I own. Those items are accumulated since late 2014 up to early 2016 before I finally wake up that this is not the path I wanted to be. Basically there are products at each corner of the room. And even on the floor and all the other places in the tiny room that meant for something else. I accumulated those products for various reasons. For the last 4 months or more I'm trying to finish them all. To free myself from clutter.
On the left side is the Soap and Glory body scrub and it is around 350ML if my memory serves me right. My stash consists of hair products as I hope to have a straight and thin hair, various skin moisturizing, different brands of body scrub as look for the best for my skin type and different kinds of face products in my hope to combat the whiteheads on my nose. I admit that I'm still making a purchase since August 2016 but the difference is I no longer hoard. That will be all for today. And will share the other products I used some other time.
 
Pan Project. Well regarding my version of Pan Project I do not know if this will be applicable with the make up products I own. I tried to organize them and I even bought plastic containers just so I can see them everyday and be encouraged to use them and eventually be able to finish them. But no matter what it looks and feels hopeless. For example the blusher I got last January 2015 ~ still not yet finished after more than a year. If I have at least 10 blushers then I could be using them forever. Sadly I will be throwing some of them very  soon. It is a waste of mine but then what can I do.
 
TV Series. I am currently enjoying the TV Series 'Vikings' and well they are not often portrayed on TV. This one from History Channel is simply awesome. Another one that I'm watching is 'Versailles' about the story of King Louis XIV. And I'm about to see 'The Last Kingdom' and 'Love/Hate'. At least nowadays I have time to watch at least one episode per day than nothing at all.
 
Books and Photography. Oh no sadly reading books and practicing photography has to wait until I am old and gray. But not now. As long as I'm working for basically almost the whole day and other household chores has to wait until weekends. Not complaining though. If I have lesser items then it would take less time to clean the small space. So yes too many earthly possessions will hold you down. I learned it from the hard way.
 
'The belongings people accumulate throughout their lives will always own them. People seem to think if they had more they'd be happier or freer, but their possessions only chain them to the earth.' ~ Sarah Noffke, Awoken

No comments:

Post a Comment