Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, November 14, 2016

Goodbye #33: Giordano Yellow πŸ‘‹πŸ½

Hello there!
I'm back again with another purging session. Honestly speaking when I came back from one month vacation I was able to throw away at least 20 bags of garbage from the tiny flat because I have an ample of time. I was at home for a few days. But when I started working again then time has been my enemy as usual. I have to work from 8AM to 6:30PM so just imagine what time I have to wake up and what time I can go to sleep.
 
In between I wash clothes. I do the dishes. I cook. And I clean the house particularly the floor. You know to make sure cockroaches will not be having a party in the flat anytime soon. But when it comes to my purging session there really has been a slow down. Taking out a clothing item per day helps but it feels like it will take me forever to finish. So yes I'm looking forward when can I take off for a few days to do a general cleaning again. The life of an OFW. Thus what they say is true that less stuff you own means less time for cleaning too.
 
Anyway moving on as I go through my journey towards minimalism I'm doing a Goodbye Post Series. Meaning I'm getting rid of an item per day and documenting them by writing a blog. Yesterday I said that I will be taking out all the polo shirts I own. Today it is about the Giordano polo shirt in yellow. Purchased between 2007 to 2008 it has been so long that I can't really remember anymore. Price was no more than 100AED as I never catch Giordano to go on sale anyway. I always thought Giordano polo shirts are cool. Not until I become fat and have a bulging belly. And it no longer looks good on me.
I will keep on purging but I do not know until when. I'll stop when I am satisfied. I'll stop when I have just enough. I can't complain as whatever is happening right now is just an end result of my bad decisions in the past. And I can't keep on being hard on myself just because I made mistakes and stupid spending decisions. All I can do is to rectify the mistakes. Learn from it. Move on towards my goal of being minimalist and frugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment