Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Goodbye #32: Giordano Pink πŸ‘‹πŸ½

As I work my way to minimalism I'm taking out an item per day out of the house. Out of my life. But so far I had been taking out only clothes because it is so much easier. I have to do some purging soon in my make up and other tidbits but time is my main enemy here.
 
I'm saying goodbye today to my Giordano pink polo shirt. I purchased it back in 2007 or 2008? Polo shirt was my thing. Not until I gained weight that I had to stop wearing them. As it accentuates my body fats.
 
As I purge item per day and get to document them by writing a post I'm having a mixed emotions. One is regret as to how I used to be when it comes to finances. But on the other hand I'm happy that I can easily let go. And my closet is getting clearer and cleaner. That's all for today. Watch out as I purge all the polo shirts I have at home.
Capsule Wardrobe ~ I had been seeing this term a lot via Social Media. But I don't quite get it. They are talking about 33 pieces of clothing. But then they actually own more than 33 if combined with shoes and accessories. And the clothes are rotating according to the season. As much as I'd like to join the bandwagon I can't as I don't comprehend well how it will help me to be frugal. Or a very hard core minimalist.
 
What I really want to happen is to own stuff as if I'm on the move all the time. Our lives in UAE is not permanent as Middle East countries are not offering citizenship to expats unlike other first world countries in the world. Even our jobs are not really secured with the current economy. They will be protecting their citizens but not us. So yes I want to own stuff that if someone will tell me to pack my bag and leave the next day I'll be done in no time. I don't have any plans on going home for good either. And I want to see the world first. With these in mind I don't want my earthly possessions to hold me down or slow me down.
 
But having earthly possessions that will only fit in a luggage or two ~ I'm not sure how possible it could be? Or if it is really possible at all? That is why I'm trying first to clear away all my clutter and unnecessary items and see later where it will lead me. I'm taking baby steps at a time. As I can't yet just throw away everything. I could go away and remove everything from my closet but I could end not wearing anything decent by next week. Owning 33 items hhmm... Are pajamas included? Underwear? Socks? We will see..

No comments:

Post a Comment