Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, November 13, 2016

My Current Moisturizers πŸ’•

A few months ago I have written a post about my morning ritual since January. But back then I was not yet into Pan Project. I just feel like sharing it. And then I was able to seriously stop myself from buying further skin care products when I started my Pan Project. Because of it I was able to finish for the first time all the facial moisturizers/sunscreens and some primers I have. Which was a big deal for me as the last two years was a crazy time for me as I hoarded beauty products. I will use something for a while then keep it until I forget about it as I moved on to the next one. It would have been okay if I am in the place where we are experiencing 4 seasons. As I know as  the season changes so do our skin condition. But I am in the place where it is consistently hot. With the exception of at least 3 months per year. And that 3 months there is no rain nor snow. Just a little cold but not enough cold for you to wear layers of clothing. So I don't really have to keep on changing a product based on the season. And so as soon as I get back from my one month vacation I found myself looking for a new beauty products as I ran out of some of them. Particularly moisturizer and sunscreen. So in this post I would just like to share those products I purchased. As well as the other products from last year that I'm trying to finish.
Muji Moist Essence Lotion ~ Price is 100AED per 200ML but then last Friday of October Muji in Mirdif City Centre was on sale. So I found myself broke but still chose to make this purchase. I paid only 75AED. I don't think it has a Western Counterpart. Lotion is another term of toner in Japanese skin care. But unlike Western toner it is not meant to clean the face but instead to add moisture that we tend to lose upon cleaning the face from the make up and debris we accumulate the whole day. I'm using it every morning and evening. After cleaning my face. As of now I cannot say if I will repurchase. As I have yet to see the long term effect. Since I'm a year older now I am really keen into keeping my skin good. That's why suddenly I'm turning into Japanese beauty products. Well I was into it before but not on this level.
Muji Whitening Moisturizing Milk ~ Price was 100AED per 200ML and I did not purchased it on sale. I am not sure if it has been discontinued or repackaged but I no longer see it in Muji at Mirdif City Centre. I am using it after Muji Moist Essence Lotion. Honestly I am not too sure if this is also a lotion or a moisturizer. I feel like it is both. I am also not sure if the ingredients will not clash with the Muji Moist Essence Lotion. But so far there's nothing funny going on in my face. If I am too sleepy at night then I can stop at this. Meaning no need to follow up with any serums/emulsion/essence/cream. I will still wake up the next day with soft skin. I used it after purchasing it in 2015 then after a few uses kept it in the drawer. That was the time that I told myself I'm such a fool to believe such thing as whitening. I mean in Asia there are thousands of whitening products so why then some people like me still have a dark skin? Only a few weeks ago that I decided to take it out and give it a try.

We all know that Japanese and Korean mostly has a white skin. In fact I barely see Japanese and Korean with a brown skin not unless they are from a mixed heritage. So why then white people like them are also making/producing whitening products. And if these products are not working so why then they are thriving now and then? I must have been missing something here. Maybe because my expectation is totally changing ones skin color. Maybe those products are meant for something else like making the dark spots fade away over time of using continuously. Maybe I don't see major results as I tend to stop after using a bottle. It is like dieting for a month then going back to binging again when my weight does not drop immediately. It could be the same thing with my skin. What will I lose in sticking in a regime or particular product in a year?
Muji Moisturizing Milk in Light/Normal/Heavy ~ This is 30AED for 50ML of bottle. But 3rd week of October Muji Mirdif City Centre has an offer of Buy 2, Take 3. So I went ahead and get all the variants of it. Honestly I can stop at Muji Moist Essence Lotion as it is moisturizing enough. Maybe because of the weather where I am right now? It is extremely hot outside but all establishments have AC. But then I'm dreaming of having a soft and hydrated skin. Well if the products I am using will serve as anti ageing as well or at least keep the natural color of my skin that would already be a bonus for me. So with this goal in mind I really do follow the Japanese skin care regime. Since Muji Moist Essence Lotion serves only as a skin softener or preparing my skin to the next layer of skin care products. And as I have stated above I'm following it up with Muji Whitening Moisturizing Milk. Then any serum/essence/emulsion in between if I still have time. Finally I'll end it with Muji Moisturizing Milk and I'm not sure if this one is the last step. I am not sure if this is meant to be the last as I am also seeing a night cream as well as day cream. The night and day cream are in different jars. And I guess much more thicker than Muji Moisturizing Milk. (I suddenly remember that I still have Sana Hanadomy Collagen Cream among in my hidden stash that's in line with my Pan Project I have taken it out and will start using it some other time).

Muji Moisturizing Milk; from the name itself it means to add moisture to the face. So it is like layer after layer of products making sure that the skin is moisturized properly. I'm using Muji Moisturizing Milk Light in the morning. (Using it in between of other 3 moisturizers that I purchased between September and October as well). While the Muji Moisturizing Milk High in the evening in case I wear a make up for that day as this is the thickest of them all. And it is quite sticky too but the stickiness goes off once it sinks it properly to the skin. While I'm using the Muji Moisturizing Milk Normal in between. Now if I were to choose between the 3 I would choose the Muji Moisturizing Milk Light. As this has the consistency I love the most. Truth to be told for one month I haven't seen any major changes in my skin except for being supple. That's good right?
Sana Hanadomy Collagen Lotion and Sana Hanadomy Collagen Cream ~ I can't remember which month I made this purchased but all I know is I bought them more than a year ago. Price was around 100AED and this is not available in any physical store in UAE. For those interested you can try checking it out from Desert Cart website. Mine will expire on 2019. So I kept them and forgot about them. Remember them only when I started Japanese skin care regime again and religiously this time around. I find it thick but I won't complain as I haven't gotten around how to use it properly. Like not yet sure if I'm using the correct quantity. If this will not really work well with my face then I could just use it on my neck. And elbows. If there's anything more that I can add about it I will just update over here.
Soap and Glory Fab Pore Daily Micro Smoothing Moisture Lotion ~ I am not a fan of Soap and Glory. Actually I find their products expensive when it shouldn't be. And even on promotions I don't think I'm really saving money. They are either Buy 1, Take 1 or Buy 2, Take 3. But then I don't need much products. But for the month of November I was lucky enough to find some sale from them. I got this Soap and Glory Fab Pore Daily Micro Smoothing Moisture Lotion for only 15.00AED at Boots Pharmacy in Lamcy Plaza. So far I haven't noticed anything special about it. Or maybe it is because I'm already contented with Muji Moisturizing Milk Light. If there's any additional information I could offer then I'll update this.

I still have at least 2 moisturizers that waiting for me to use them. I know I almost fall into hoarding again. So what I am doing to make sure that I use them all I'm bringing in the office whatever I can bring. So I can reapply anytime needed throughout the day as well as to make sure that I am using them all. Rather than keep them then forget about them.

I also went around looking for good sunscreens. Unfortunately in the market here it seems that makeup is far more important than sunscreen. There are thousands of makeup versus to sunscreens. Carrefour carries a few brands which I'm not interested in. Pharmacies like Aster and Boots carries European brands in prices so high. Aster Pharmacy had Buy 1, Take 1 but it should be the same brand. Duh. Korean sunscreens are equally expensive as European brands. I checked The BBCream Girl and The Face Shop. In the end I resorted into ordering from Desert Cart. The cheapest Japanese sunscreen I found at Desert Cart costs 38.00AED plus 25.00AED shipping fee and that's total of 63.00AED and even so it is still cheaper than buying 100+AED from a pharmacy or the said Korean stores. And that's all for today. I'm planning to order some items again from Japan but this time it will be about face lotion, skin conditioner, face oil and body oil if I can find something affordable. Will try to share my experiences about it.

P.S. Pan Project in makeup and nail polish is quite impossible. Even after a decade I wont be able to finish them all. I'll start purging soon. It's my hard earned money. I do not want to waste anything but it is the most sensible thing to do. It would have been easy if I am crazy about them and make sure to wear them every single day but I don't.
 
'The junks in our homes clutter our minds as well" - Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment