Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

When minimalism doesn't work

I am slightly obsessed with being minimalist and frugal. And so when my vacation came what I have done was leaving behind all my hair and skin care products. Thinking that basic were enough. Well I was so wrong. Being minimalist and frugal will not work all the time. There will be a case to case basis regarding this one. Anyway let me expound my experiences.

I have thick and long hair. Any shampoo would do just fine but when it comes to conditioner there's only brand that can tame my hair and that's Cream Silk conditioner. If not available I must use at least any hair products but not necessarily have to be expensive. I am aware that all the countries in the world have shops where we can buy everything we need and so with this thought I went to Turkey without any conditioner or hair products with me. Wrong move. Cream Silk was nowhere to be found. Hair products were available but written in Turkish and extremely expensive. I was successful in saving money and having little items with me. But I had to live with slightly greasy, messy and rough hair for a month. It is worth it? No.

My face is always full of whiteheads on the nose. Before leaving I told myself I will be ditching face toner for good. Well I brought only facial wash with me. Thinking facial wash and water would be enough. Well how the earlier people survived when all the skin care products we are having now does not exist back then? Well it is another stupid decision from my side. As I was always outside exposed to sun and dirt. And everything. And I refused to buy anything for face as again most brands cost a fortune. Facial wash only is being a minimalist and frugal. End result? It was a month where I have a nose full of whiteheads 24/7! I'm someone who barely has pimples but then I became someone who has a face where pimples love to live. Plus bumps that I don't understand if they were prickly heat or whatever.

For the body I used only body wash. As I promised myself I will be ditching body scrub and it is just a waste of money since body wash is enough to clean our body. Dang! Again wrong decision. As I was sweating the whole day. Body scrub would have been a big help in keeping my skin moisturized and thoroughly clean. I ended up having some bumps in my body as well. Even if I am taking a shower everyday.

Bottom line is I can still be frugal and minimalist even if I am pampering myself. As to avoid any skin or hair situations that are not comfortable. Or could lead into more serious situations that in the end would make me shed more money by going to a dermatologist. What I should do is avoid hoarding. Because when it comes to skin care products that has been my issue since I started in 2014. Cream Silk is expensive but I don't really have to buy ton and stock them in the bathroom as to avoid crowding the little space. I still need a facial toner but I don't need huge bottle. I don't need to buy different brands or variants at one time. Those are just the example. And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment