Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Empty Bottle 67: Muji Light Toner 🌸

Muji is a Japanese brand of household items, skin care products and school supplies. And everything else under the sun. Muji is available in Mirdif City Centre and Dubai Mall. For me as a regular consumer the downside is the prices are very expensive. It is supposed to be a no name brand but prices are like buying a high end brand. And so the only items I was able to buy from Muji in the past were some ballpens, some skin care products and some shirts on sale.
Muji in Mirdif City Centre used to have skin care products but when I visited months ago those skin care products were nowhere to be seen. One of the skin care products I no longer see is the Muji Light Toner which is my topic for today in my Empty Bottle Post Series. When I joined the bandwagon of South Korean skin care regime and Japanese skin care regime facial toner has been included as both skin regimes require toner. But there has been a discussion online regarding toner. While some believe that it is a must other says that is it just a waste of money. But I would say that I am just in between in this scenario. [Visited again last October 2016 and skin care products are back on the shop again. Including the Muji Toning Water. Wider selection now but I'm not sure if all the products in Japan are available in UAE.]
I'm in between of saying we need a facial toner and we don't because the purpose of toner is clean the face from the make up and any residue left by the cleanser. So toner is making sure that our face is thoroughly clean and prep up for the next products that we want to apply. But then in my case since I barely use make up or even if I do my make up is very minimal that I don't feel the need for double or triple cleansing at night. But I still need toner every once in a while especially when my nose gets too oily. And another thing bear in my mind that I am in UAE. Meaning it is hot in here most of the time but even so all establishments have AC. My flat is just a walking distance from my workplace. So no matter how hot it gets I will be exposed to the sun only for a few minutes everyday. Maybe because of this weather and the AC that I don't get so oily (based on my observation) hence the less need for facial toner. But then I had a different experience while I was on vacation in Turkey. The weather was hot but bearable unlike in UAE. But most establishments and houses do not have AC. So I end up sweaty and producing more oil than ever and in that case I badly need facial toner and all the face products in the world for cleansing and oil control.
And there goes the 67th bottle down  for my Pan Project. I'm not sure until when this Pan Project of mine will go on. I even stopped making inventory about the items that I currently have. To anyone reading my post right now please, please don't fall into the same mistakes I have done. Don't hoard beauty products or anything. It is not cool or effective. I can't see even a single benefit from hoarding. If you are in a place where you can get a sample then by all means get all the samples you can get before buying a full size of the product. Anything excessive will not do you any good. Take it from me.
 
December 01, 2016: Sorry gals I was using Muji Toning Water the wrong way. I was using it as a regular toner just like the facial toners we all know. Japanese Toner actually is skin/skin lotion/skin conditioner. It is not meant to clean the skin but meant to soften the skin or hydrate it or prep it.  
 
'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication' ~ Leonardo Da Vinci 1452

No comments:

Post a Comment