Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, January 13, 2017

Small House Design #6

Emma's 8 Square Meter Apartment In Tokyo

This house has been featured here and here. I will be repeating myself that I am not exactly advocating for people to live in such a small and cramped spaces. But then I am sharing posts like this for people out there like me. For people who are not claustrophobic. Living in a small space is way better than living on the streets or being a burden to someone else by crashing on their homes. But unfortunately for me I cannot have even a small house in the Philippines as by law which I only found out recently, the smallest land you can buy is around 40 square meters. And on that space alone you will need 600,000PHP to 1 million pesos. At my age and work how can I ever save that kind of money? Anyway here are the photos of the 8 square meters apartment in Tokyo.
The entrance. If you will see on the right side I think it is a shoe rack. It was actually a video from YouTube so getting the photos for me has taken time.
I am small so I can surely live with this. Small cooking space. Small sink. Cooking range and sink are side by side. Down of it is the fridge. While up of this is the cupboard.
The door on the right is the door to the bathroom. The stairs will lead you to the bed. Also so you can see there's a small balcony where she keeps her bike. And probably hang her clothes to dry.
This is Emma the one who posted it on Youtube. And she's showing here that she can't even stretch her arms. I am not sure if she still lives here. Haven't visited YouTube yet.
She's sitting down in front of the kitchen. I think it is the fridge in front of her.
And finally the bathroom. What else can I add to this? The older I get the more I want a space of my own that it does not matter even if it is so small like this.
That's all for now. 
Thanks for dropping by.
I am still looking around for ideas and designs. Even though I know it is no longer possible as I can't even get a land. That is also one of the reasons why as this early I am trying to ditch all my earthly possessions for what good they are to me when I don't even have  a place to put them in the first place? 

I am currently in the UAE working. I will never be a citizen here so one day I must really live. Only people with billion dollars can buy a house over here. There's no way of telling also until when will I have my job. Or where else will I be tomorrow? A part of me wants to go back home. But where is home? I am basically homeless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment