Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Korean Beauty Products

I was about to say that I adore Korean beauty products because of the cute packaging then look closely at my photo and realized there's nothing cute about it. So I have to think of other explanation why I adore them haha. Truth of the matter is I have seen a lot of Korean dramas and their skin from those dramas are to die for. No pores at all. Dewy all the time. Well that's how they are packaging themselves anyway. To be always beautiful and cute no matter what is the circumstances. I mean while I'm watching Les Revenants of France or History Channel's Vikings I wasn't thinking 'Oh my gosh! I want to have a skin like them' which is the exact opposite when I am watching Korean dramas.

I joined the bandwagon only around 2015. And honestly what you are seeing are not yet all the Korean beauty products that I used but then I don't think that I've gone overboard with them. Most of these were purchased to try them out. Good thing that most comes in small packaging which makes it faster for me to finish whether I like the product of not. But the problem is they are not available in the UAE market. I heard there is a Skinfood in Dubai but I have never seen it and do not have plans on doing so anyway. The Face Shop is available but I visit them only when on sale. You see my concern is over here it is tax free but then prices are always seem to be so high that I have to wait for a miracle sale where the prices would drop up to 70% off. 
Are Korean beauty products really that good? Haha as if I already experienced all the brands in the world. But anyway let me give you my opinion on that matter. The first thing is I prefer them or any Asian brands over Western brands because of the price. Yeah sure there are also premium brands in Asian market but I'm talking about the drugstore brands. For example I got a Skinfood BB Cream for only 60AED to 70AED whereas if I were to buy a Western brand let's say La Roche Posay it would cost me almost 200AED. When it comes to BB Cream I think Asian got it right. I never wore foundation as I find them too thick and I feel like I have something on my face all the time. But BB Cream feels lighter on the skin that I don't feel anything clinging on my face. But then again I'm just finishing whatever I have with no further plans of repurchasing as I can get by without a BB Cream anyway.

When it comes to deodorants and/or anti perspirants nah, I will stay away from  a Korean brand. Maybe they don't really sweat hard. None of the brands I tried worked for me. As of their face creams/moisturizers well I don't find anything special with them. But not bad either. What I love the most are unfortunately not in the photo. I love some of their toners (not astringent ones), serums and emulsions. The world of Korean skin care products can be too overwhelming as they have too many that it will be hard to keep up. But I don't have intention to anyway.

The Face Shop UAE is having a sale now. Not sure until when it will run and I bought myself some items which I will be sharing as soon as I get the time. Got myself all the Green Tea Line. Some Calendula line. Some Olive Line. And will be waiting for the next salary as I am thinking of getting myself some items too from White Seed Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment