Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I finally got some TFS Green Tea πŸ‡°πŸ‡·

Not all the products are included in the photo and my morning skin care routine starts after taking a shower. And of course on shower cleansing of the face is included too.
⭕️ Toner ~ but not to be confused with the Western toner. Korean toner or Japanese lotion/conditioner. Whichever is available.
⭕️ Serum
⭕️ Emulsion
⭕️ Moisturizer
⭕️ Sunscreen
⭕️ Primer ~ optional
⭕️ BB Cream ~ optional
⭕️ Make Up ~ optional
Now on the photo. The Face Shop is the only Korean brand or Asian brand readily available in the UAE market. But honestly this baffles me a lot. I mean UAE and USA are both rich countries. But then USA has so many choices of products. Whatever is the new thing or fad anywhere in the world they seem to have an access to it. While it is the complete opposite in the UAE. For example the world has gone crazy over the Speculoos Paste. It came to UAE market only when the madness died down and people went back to the good old peanut butter. A friend told me maybe it has something to do with halal. But then I am not talking only about food. I am also talking about cosmetics and skin care products. Fine we have some here but only the most expensive.
 
Some might say BUT Missha and Skin Food are available too! But the word I mentioned was 'readily' available. I heard about Missha and Skin Food shops but I have never seen one. You know UAE has 7 emirates. And they tend to know only Dubai and Abu Dhabi. So since it is only The Face Shop basically they don't have to compete with any other Asian or Korean brand and so they can name their price. People will take it or leave it. And so Janes like me cannot afford their prices the whole year round. I have to wait for them to go on sale but even on sale the prices will not really drop down that much. So I finally got my hands on the TFS Green Tea line when the sale has started.
 
The Face Shop Green Tea Waterfull Serum ~ I got it last December 2016 for 59.00AED and still that is quite a lot of money when I am seeing Japanese skin care products in Amazon Japan in much lesser prices. But I purchased it anyway as I was itching to try out their serum. It delivers and as I write this I am about to finish the bottle. No plans of repurchasing anytime soon. As I am still searching a cheaper Japanese alternative.
 
The Face Shop Green Tea Water Waterfull Toner and Serum ~ each bottle on sale price is 45.00AED and I got it this month only when they continued the sale due to DFS. Still expensive as the Japanese conditioner I purchased last November from Amazon Japan was the same amount but the quantity is 500ML. In the end I am happy with the performance of Green Tea Line but I still have issues about it due to the amount. I want to be beautiful but without breaking my bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment