Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, January 14, 2017

La Roche Posay Anthelios Sunscreen

Last quarter of 2016 I was searching high and low to find that one brand of sunscreen that would be my holy grail. And to included in my morning ritual. Sadly in the UAE market we do not have much choices and also all the prices are so unbelievably high. I turned online and ordered some products but while waiting for it I have to use something that is available in the market. So here it is I have chosen La Roche Posay Anthelios Cream SPF50.
La Roche Posay is available only at selected pharmacies like Aster Pharmacy and Boots Pharmacy. Anyway there are quite a few pharmacies across the UAE but what I am trying to say those small ones with one or two branches only does not carry La Roche Posay like the one on the next building from where I am residing. And for this post I have taken quite a few photos to show to you all.
Out of all the sunscreens I own and currently using this is the most expensive as one tube of 50GMS cost 130.00AED and it is not everyday that pharmacies are having promotion. For example Aster Pharmacy for 2016 had a promotion only on February and December. Easy for me to know as I always see one branch near me. And I made a lot of purchase back in February 2016 when I was not yet starting pulling my life together (decluttering).
Moment of Truth:
I will not repurchase. Yes this is cream that is quite moisturizing. Yes there are no white streaks. The thing is if I haven't experienced using a Japanese sunscreen then I would be completely okay with La Roche Posay as I do not have much choices here in the UAE. But after experiencing other Japanese sunscreens I came to compare and choose which one works best for me. I like La Roche Posay for being alcohol free. Some like La Roche Posay for being paraben free. 

But the main concern for me when using La Roche Posay Anthelios Cream is it tends to turn up into balls and flakes in my face. It is quite selfish that when I apply it on my face I should not apply anything else which is not possible. I mean I also have to apply my serum, lotion, moisturizer, primer and make up. (I will give up make up as soon as I finish whatever I have doing Pan Project with them right now. While not buying anything new. In fact I vowed never to purchase make up again ever. But I won't give up my skin care products). It has a tendency to be heavy on the face if I were to follow the 1 teaspoon rule for all over the face. It says to be waterproof but I am not sure if this is sweat free as well. Here's the photo of the cream. Looks thick eh?
I am currently using it on my body. As of the body it has no issues. In fact when I am using it on my hands I can apply hand cream as well and it won't turn into balls. It will not get flaky. Do you notice in the next photo it is quite oily? So imagine it in my face. I do not have an oily face except for the nose. So when using it on the face I have to keep on applying a face powder. 
So that's all for La Roche Posay. But I still love their moisturizers. I stopped buying because of the price. Plus my favorite Anthelios KA SPF100 has been discontinued. I was ready to repurchase a few months back in spite of the high price but I have never seen one in any pharmacies I visited.
'Always wear a sunscreen and wash off your make up at night'

No comments:

Post a Comment