Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Mystery of Shiseido Senka Anti Ageing UV Sunscreen πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅

Last quarter of 2016 I was lamenting about the sunscreens available in the UAE market. Because we don't have too many choices and most are expensive. You go to pharmacies and you will find European brands. They are okay except one would cost 100AED plus. And because I'm attempting to live a minimalist and frugal life that I can no longer  spend a fortune to a product. I mean my salary is low and anytime soon I could lose my job, and who says that taking care of yourself should be that expensive right? Okay fine there are some affordable brands in Carrefour but mostly they are American brands. Come on, American brands are not so popular for a reason. So that is out of the picture.

I have done some reading about good and affordable sunscreens and it led me to Japanese sunscreens. People were saying that Japanese made it right. But then the concern is Japanese beauty products are not available in the UAE market. Then that again led me into ordering online. One the photo is Shiseido Senka Anti Ageing UV Sunscreen. Shiseido is a Japanese brand. Shiseido Senka is their affordable line of skin care products.
Then that again, led me into ordering online. Shiseido is available in UAE but the prices are something I can never afford in this life time. We are talking about a product that would cost 1,000AED and more. Anyway I am interested in Shiseido Senka Anti Ageing UV sunscreen as it is the only Japanese sunscreen that promises to be anti ageing. You know I'm not getting any younger.

So first I ordered it from Desert Cart. Placed an order last November 06, 2016. Promised delivery date was November 21, 2016. But the item has been shipped by seller only last November 15, 2016 so right then I was not sure that my item will reach me on time. But then again it was fine. I can understand. But alas up to this date I haven't received it. I tried ordering it from Amazon directly but funny thing was it can't be shipped to UAE as well as the other brands of Japanese sunscreens. Then because of that issue I tried ordering Japanese sunscreens from Ebay. Now the issue for me with Ebay is I don't know when my items will reach me. I made those orders just to try out ordering from Ebay. I ordered Biore and Hada Labo sunscreens to do trial and error as to which brand will suit me best. Finally this year I checked Amazon Japan again. I was too excited when I have seen Shiseido Senka Anti Ageing UV sunscreen and without thinking twice I placed an order for 2 tubes. But my orders never came. Items has been returned to the seller.

I made an email to Amazon Japan to inquire. Because as you can see my first order from Amazon Japan has taken only 3 working days. So them being so slow is quite unusual. I immediately got a reply but a shocking one. My orders were cancelled because they can't send Shiseido Senka Anti Ageing UV sunscreen to UAE as it contains ALCOHOL. I haven't reply yet to Amazon Japan. I did not make a fuss about it anymore even though I find the reason so retarded. And how can I blame them when they are just following the policy of this country? But yeah it is stupid as who in his right mind would think that I am going to drink it? And even if it's written in Japanese it's obvious that this is cosmetic due to the words SPF50. No choice but to just scratch my head in disbelief. I turned to online shopping because everything around me are so expensive. Alcohol was the reason why they can't send it here as if alcohol doesn't exist here. In face I have a few Korean soju and Japanese sake at home. But an item as small as this is being restricted to be sent here?


For now I will stop chasing after Shiseido Senka Anti Ageing UV sunscreen. I will buy if ever my plans of going to Japan push through. Or if I ever go to Hongkong. As I was planning to spend my vacation in Japan or any other place in Asia this year. That would depend if they will grant me a visa. Or if someone will go home in the Philippines and will see it in the Philippine market. Maybe all the other Japanese sunscreens have alcohol on them that's why I can't them also from Amazon international or Amazon Japan. Like Biore. Anyway I will have my Biore sunscreens in all variants before the month ends. Because it is available in the Philippines through Watson. So I asked a colleague to bring them for me. I asked enough stick that would last up to a year. So maybe that's one of the reasons why Japanese cosmetics don't make it to UAE. Because they believe in adding up sake in their cosmetics. And sake is alcoholic drink. But never mind because if they do bring Japanese cosmetics here maybe the 15AED would become 100AED.


That will be all today. Once I get all my Biore sunscreens I will update it over here. And compare it with my non Japanese sunscreens.

'Beautiful make up starts with beautiful skin'

No comments:

Post a Comment